Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » one-to-one foreign not primary key association mapping error in dali(one-to-one foreign not primary key association mapping error in dali)
one-to-one foreign not primary key association mapping error in dali [message #1456742] Thu, 30 October 2014 17:21 Go to next message
Sergio Ramos is currently offline Sergio RamosFriend
Hi Dali forum!

First of all want to thank for such a brilliant tool that almost stop the world hunger! Smile

One doubt, im generating entities from database and Dali seems not to be able to create correctly a one-to-one association. In database ive a one-to-one relashionship modeled by a foreign not primary key that is unique (ie. the foreign key is not primary key and i use unique constraint over the foreign key) but Dali creates a many-to-one/one-to-many relationship. Does Dali only recognice one-to-one relationships when in database i use foreign primary key as in figure 3-66 from Manual (https://www.eclipse.org/webtools/dali/docs/3.2/user_guide/tasks006.htm#BABBAGFI)?

Also unique constraints arent reflected in my entity annotations.

Thanks!
Re: one-to-one foreign not primary key association mapping error in dali [message #1456752 is a reply to message #1456742] Thu, 30 October 2014 17:37 Go to previous message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Thank you for the compliments! Unfortunately Dali's entity generation does have some limitations. The goal of this generation tool is to give you a big jump start on your entity building, but it won't be able to handle all possible scenarios.

As a result, some modification of entities after generation is expected. Feel free to comment and or add enhancements/bugs to our bug database.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/

Neil
Previous Topic:JPA Diagram Editor 1.1.1 and Eclipse Luna 4.4.1
Next Topic:JPA validation fails for EmbeddedId if Embeddable class is in another project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:37:27 GMT 2024