Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » How to apply a profile to an Activity Diagram(I'd like to know how I can apply an UML profile to an Activity Diagram)
icon14.gif  How to apply a profile to an Activity Diagram [message #1456708] Thu, 30 October 2014 16:41 Go to next message
Nicolas   is currently offline Nicolas Friend
Messages: 38
Registered: October 2014
Member
Hello,

I'm using Papyrus in a project and I'd like to be able to apply profiles and stereotypes to the diagram; however, I'm unable to load the profile in that kind of diagrams. I can import the profile just fine for the regular UML class and I can use the stereotypes there; however, in the activity one I just cannot do it. Could someone explain me how to do it?

Thanks in advance
Re: How to apply a profile to an Activity Diagram [message #1456878 is a reply to message #1456708] Thu, 30 October 2014 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian W. Damus is currently offline Christian W. DamusFriend
Messages: 1174
Registered: July 2009
Location: Canada
Senior Member

Hi, Nicolas,

Questions about Papyrus should be directed to that project's newsgroup
(copied in this reply).

Profiles are applied to packages, not to diagrams. I don't understand
what you mean when you say that you can apply a profile to a class,
because that makes no sense.

In the Model explorer, you must have at least one package, which is the
root element of your model (there may be packages nested under it,
too). On any of these packages, you can use the appropriate action in
the context menu to apply a profile from the workspace or the set of
profiles registered by plug-ins. The on-line help has further details
about how to work with profiles in Papyrus.

HTH,

Christian


On 2014-10-30 19:20:02 +0000, Nicolas Bonet Gonzalez said:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Papyrus in a project and I'd like to be able to apply
> profiles and stereotypes to the diagram; however, I'm unable to load
> the profile in that kind of diagrams. I can import the profile just
> fine for the regular UML class and I can use the stereotypes there;
> however, in the activity one I just cannot do it. Could someone explain
> me how to do it?
>
> Thanks in advance
Re: How to apply a profile to an Activity Diagram [message #1456927 is a reply to message #1456878] Thu, 30 October 2014 21:37 Go to previous message
Nicolas   is currently offline Nicolas Friend
Messages: 38
Registered: October 2014
Member
Thank you Christian!

I was talking about an UML diagram, sorry, in one of them I was able to use an stereotype for an UML class (in that diagram with the profile imported). I was able to make it work, thanks for the quick answer!
Previous Topic:Retrieving only the "most specific" relationships of a Class
Next Topic:Allocation relationship
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jul 21 15:49:01 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02029 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top