Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating an image-map of nodes during export as image?(Determining the location of nodes of a diagram)
Creating an image-map of nodes during export as image? [message #1454680] Tue, 28 October 2014 16:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I have a requirement to offer an image of a diagram in a web browser and allow navigation to the objects the nodes represent. I was hoping that through the org.eclipse.sirius.ui.exportRepresentationsAsImagesExtensions extensions I could hook into the image export action and write out an image map for the nodes of the diagram.

Naively I looked through the collection of DRepresentations accessible through the extension points expecting to find a node's location and but haven't been able to find it. Is such information available?

I stepped through the ExportAction.createImageFiles to see if it would shed some light. It creates a new DiagramEditPart. Rather than expecting to find the information starting from DRepresentations must I go through creating a DiagramEditPart and interrogate the figures?

Any direction or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Creating an image-map of nodes during export as image? [message #1460388 is a reply to message #1454680] Mon, 03 November 2014 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Le 28/10/2014 17:57, John Palof a écrit :
> Any direction or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at
org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.api.part.DiagramEditPartService. Its
copyToImage() method returns a list of
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.image.PartPositionInfo from which you
should be able to obtain the info you need.

You'll also need
org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.business.api.refresh.DiagramCreationUtil to
obtain the GMF Diagram instance (needed by DiagramEditPartService) from
the Sirius DDiagram.

Regards.

--
Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Creating an image-map of nodes during export as image? [message #1473417 is a reply to message #1460388] Fri, 14 November 2014 16:08 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I apologize for not updating this posting sooner, but I was able to do as you suggested. Thank-you.
Previous Topic:HowTo dynamically extend the tool palette at runtime
Next Topic:graphical problems..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:06:08 GMT 2024