Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt?(=>Custom jar in <aut>/dropins/plugins with jars rcptt (to create new ecl command))
icon5.gif  [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1452516] Sat, 25 October 2014 12:09 Go to next message
Francis BACQUET is currently offline Francis BACQUETFriend
Hello,

i created a project with custom ecl command.
It's good with telnet client:
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_702707telnet.png
But I don't know what to do, it use with rcptt.

I tested File -> Export -> Plug-in Development/Deployable plug-ins and fragments. I had a jar file generate.
I placed the jar in rcptt/plugins and rcptt/dropins/plugins but it doesn't show in installation detail.

Somebody would have a solution ?

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2014 21:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1454376 is a reply to message #1452516] Tue, 28 October 2014 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello Francis,

If you want to use your custom ECL command, you should put your jar file to <AUT path>/dropins/plugins.
Also, you should put there the following plugins and restart your AUT.

org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.parser
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.shell
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.telnet.server
org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.telnet.server.ui
org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.jface.fragment
org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.swt.fragment

Plugin with new ECL command will appear in Installation Details -> Plug - ins

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1454465 is a reply to message #1454376] Tue, 28 October 2014 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks olga for your answer.

I add jar in my aut/dropins/plugin and I add my ecl command in rcptt as:
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_629107commandAdd.png

It's good. Smile

Would it not be another solution without copy in my aut? I have to copy for each new version Confused .

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2014 21:42]

Re: How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1455290 is a reply to message #1454465] Wed, 29 October 2014 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You could create plugin which would create updatesite and launch AUT with preset plugins with your custom ECL commands.
https://git.eclipse.org/c/rcptt/org.eclipse.rcptt.git/tree/runtime/updates/org.eclipse.rcptt.updates.helios
https://git.eclipse.org/c/rcptt/org.eclipse.rcptt.git/tree/runtime/updates/org.eclipse.rcptt.updates.runtime.e4x
These are two plugins that contain two update sites as resources. (Update sites are created during Maven build). You can add your own AUT injections using these as example.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1455304 is a reply to message #1455290] Wed, 29 October 2014 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Olga.
I will try it asap.
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1456578 is a reply to message #1452516] Thu, 30 October 2014 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio SantaCruz is currently offline Antonio SantaCruzFriend
Hi.
I cannot achieve the same results as Francis Embarrassed .

Trying to execute the mvn install over ecl-plugins I get the next error:

Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.20.0:build-qualifier (default-build-qualifier) on project org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core: No git repository found searching upwards from C:\WorkSpaces\Rcp\ecl\plugins\org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core

Please, can you explain what I´m doing wrong ??
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1456677 is a reply to message #1456578] Thu, 30 October 2014 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Antonio,

To generate rcptt's jars.
I used File -> Export -> Plug-in Development/Deployable plug-ins and fragments of each rcptt's project.
I am not used to using maven, I am powerless if you have to use it, sorry.

Edit:
I have just tested my plugin with my aut, and I do not need rcptt's jars in my aut/dropins/plugin. May be because my function is very simple Very Happy .

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2014 08:34]

Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1457374 is a reply to message #1456677] Fri, 31 October 2014 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Frascis for you explanation.

But I'm still on trouble. Using the rcptt 1.5.3 versión I'm just create example pluggin as it is on the repository.
Telnet is working but on the rcptt side the next exception appears trying to execute the new commands, show-views:

Can load package http://eclipse.org/ecl/examples/view.ecore, http://eclipse.org/ecl/examples/view.ecore#/
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.readEPackage(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:954)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.readEClass(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:966)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.loadEObject(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:1226)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl$EObjectInputStream.loadResource(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core.util.ECLBinaryResourceImpl.doLoad(ECLBinaryResourceImpl.java:128)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1511)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.internal.core.EMFStreamPipe.take(EMFStreamPipe.java:106)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.writeOutput(EclTcpSession.java:199)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.access$6(EclTcpSession.java:196)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession$1.run(EclTcpSession.java:96)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I've review the instructions and I think everything is fine.
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1459275 is a reply to message #1457374] Sun, 02 November 2014 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Antonio,

I have the same error that you ( on rcptt 1.5.2 and 1.5.3).
I tested with only jar example.view and i tested with rcptt's jars. I have always the same error.
I tested with my application and eclipse java luna (the plugin example is present in installation detail)

[Updated on: Sun, 02 November 2014 09:58]

Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1460135 is a reply to message #1459275] Mon, 03 November 2014 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Francis,

Thanks for your time and your replies. Really I do not know why this examples does not work neither the maven way. But I download your clipboard example and It is working well so I based my work on it.

Kind Regards,
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1463216 is a reply to message #1460135] Thu, 06 November 2014 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Antonio,

Sorry for inconvenience. Thank you for finding this problem.
Show-views doesn't work from IDE because testcase returns View objects into IDE and for now IDE doesn't support it.
You can try this way:

show-views | foreach [val v] { log [format "%s: %s" [$v | get id] [$v | get label]] } //write id and labels into Error log
show-view "org.eclipse.help.ui.HelpView" //open view Help in AUT 

Let me know if it helps.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2014 10:24]

Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1464118 is a reply to message #1463216] Fri, 07 November 2014 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Olga,

The point is that I like go with my own ECL Commands in the same way as show-view. I mean return my own objects and allow use them as input for other (custom or not) Commands.
Even more I like to add my new ECL Commands to the content assist on the ECL Script Editor.

So the question is can I do add the new model objects like View to the RCPTT framework and what are the extension points to add autocomplete and content assist on the Editor ??

Thanks in advance
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1467619 is a reply to message #1464118] Mon, 10 November 2014 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Inozemtsev is currently offline Ivan InozemtsevFriend
Hi Antonio,

It's totally possible to have custom ECL commands with completion and doc support from IDE side, it's just our current example in rcptt repo is not complete from this point of view.

We have a more sophisticated example, which suites better as a starting point, but it is not yet migrated from Q7 (commercial predecessor of RCPTT) to RCPTT https://github.com/xored/q7.extensions.ecl
Essentially custom commands in this example are being split into 2 parts: model and impl. Model is added both into RCPTT IDE (to have support for docs and completion), while impl is added only into runtime.

Also, to avoid manual putting of plugins with custom commands into AUT, that example project builds a special plugin for IDE, which bundles an update site for runtime internally, so that once this plugin is installed into IDE, it automatically puts plug-ins with custom ECL commands into all AUTS, launched from this IDE.

The fact that current example with show-views fails, is a combination of 2 factors:
1. model project, which holds EMF model for these commands, is not present in IDE
2. output of the last command of a test case mistakenly is being sent to an IDE (though there's no point in it, as there's no way to interact with this output when test case is over)

We are going to update that example from github in next couple of weeks and incorporate it into rcptt repo, once we do this, we'll publish about it on a forum.

Thanks,
Ivan
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1503105 is a reply to message #1467619] Mon, 08 December 2014 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Antonio,

We've updated example of custom ECL command. It is stored in RCPTT git repo (examples/rcptt.extensions.ecl).
This example shows a sample Maven build, which allows to build an integrated runtime update site for RCPTT IDE in a single Tycho build, and can be used as a starting point for creating custom application-specific commands.

Thank you for this issue!
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
icon14.gif  Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1504767 is a reply to message #1503105] Tue, 09 December 2014 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Olga,

I´ve checked the examples/rcptt.extensions.ecl and it is working great. Using update site and maven was great.

But there is no help toltip related to the new commands. I look at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.core in order to figure out how to do it but i do not get a clear picture. How can I add documentation on the toltip of my custom commands ?

Thanks for so awsome work
Re: [SOLVED]How add my custom ecl command to rcptt? [message #1504865 is a reply to message #1504767] Tue, 09 December 2014 16:32 Go to previous message
Hi Olga,

I´ve found it on the eAnnotation of the model. Smile
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Get all menu items?
Next Topic:[Blog] Testing About Dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:23:52 GMT 2024