Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Pure e4 rcp application and JFace Preferences
Pure e4 rcp application and JFace Preferences [message #1451677] Fri, 24 October 2014 06:13 Go to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Hello,

I'm re-writing a topic here, that I found in the RCP forum and shows my issues pretty well :

Quote:
I am just starting with Eclipse 4.x. I have used the e4 Tools plugin to create a sample e4 Application. I am trying to use both StyledCellLabelProvider (in a TableViewer) and Content Assist (with ICompletionProposalExtension6). My styled-labels are not colored.

I have determined that the JFacePreferences.COUNTER_COLOR, DECORATIONS_COLOR and QUALIFIER_COLOR have not been set in the Color Registry.

I could set these in my plugin - but that could trash values set by some other plugin. The Eclipse 3.x apps seem to load these values at start-up but not when I create an e4 RCP app.

Can someone please explain - when/how these JFace preference values should be configured/loaded.

Thanks,

For now, I'm setting the color right before using it, but it doesn't look like a good practice Smile

Any one has the solution ?
Thanks
Re: Pure e4 rcp application and JFace Preferences [message #1452644 is a reply to message #1451677] Sat, 25 October 2014 17:06 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
ALex W wrote on Fri, 24 October 2014 02:13

I could set these in my plugin - but that could trash values set by some other plugin.

That's actually the point of these constants: to allow the product assembler to decide upon a uniform colour selections for all plugins.

Quote:
The Eclipse 3.x apps seem to load these values at start-up but not when I create an e4 RCP app.

They set the defaults with
colorDefinition
s using the
org.eclipse.ui.themes
extension point.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Is it possible to hide status bar items and free up the display space?
Next Topic:RCP issues (view titles, toolbar, quick access)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:58:21 GMT 2024