Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » RAP FileChooser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
RAP FileChooser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError [message #1450368] Wed, 22 October 2014 11:20 Go to next message
Reinhold Kern is currently offline Reinhold KernFriend
I have a problem with RAP filechosser component.

I have enabled the UI Feature 'RAP FileChooser Support'

Instad of the filechooser I see following:
index.php/fa/19620/0/

Then I foun a post in this forum that the TypeLoad property should be enabled. The the fileChooser looks like this:

index.php/fa/19621/0/

And I get following exception in the rap log:

!MESSAGE org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.FormFieldFactory.createUiFormFieldByExtension(FormFieldFactory.java:157) could not create form field for: [model = 'org.zeiss.mo.pcs.gvt.client.ui.forms.TicketSearchForm$MainBox$SearchFilterGroupBox$TestField'; ui = 'org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.filechooserfield.FileChooserFieldFactory@10a6333'].
org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.form.fields.filechooserfield.IFileChooserField.getContextMenu()Lorg/eclipse/scout/rt/client/ui/action/menu/root/IValueFieldContextMenu;
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.form.fields.filechooserfield.IFileChooserField.getContextMenu()Lorg/eclipse/scout/rt/client/ui/action/menu/root/IValueFieldContextMenu;
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.filechooserfield.RwtScoutFileUploadField.updateContextMenuVisibilityFromScout(RwtScoutFileUploadField.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.filechooserfield.RwtScoutFileUploadField.attachScout(RwtScoutFileUploadField.java:296)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.basic.RwtScoutComposite.createUiField(RwtScoutComposite.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.filechooserfield.FileChooserFieldFactory.createUiFormField(FileChooserFieldFactory.java:33)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.FormFieldFactory.createUiFormFieldByExtension(FormFieldFactory.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.FormFieldFactory.createUiFormField(FormFieldFactory.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractRwtEnvironment.createFormField(AbstractRwtEnvironment.java:1343)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.groupbox.RwtScoutGroupBox.initializeUi(RwtScoutGroupBox.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.basic.RwtScoutComposite.createUiField(RwtScoutComposite.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.mobile.form.fields.groupbox.MobileGroupBoxFieldFactory.createUiFormField(MobileGroupBoxFieldFactory.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.FormFieldFactory.createUiFormFieldByExtension(FormFieldFactory.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.FormFieldFactory.createUiFormField(FormFieldFactory.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractRwtEnvironment.createFormField(AbstractRwtEnvironment.java:1343)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.groupbox.RwtScoutGroupBox.initializeUi(RwtScoutGroupBox.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.basic.RwtScoutComposite.createUiField(RwtScoutComposite.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.mobile.form.fields.groupbox.MobileGroupBoxFieldFactory.createUiFormField(MobileGroupBoxFieldFactory.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.RwtScoutForm.initializeUi(RwtScoutForm.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractRwtEnvironment.createForm(AbstractRwtEnvironment.java:1316)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.window.desktop.RwtScoutDesktopForm.createFormBody(RwtScoutDesktopForm.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.window.desktop.RwtScoutDesktopForm.createPart(RwtScoutDesktopForm.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.window.desktop.RwtScoutViewStack.addForm(RwtScoutViewStack.java:144)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.window.desktop.RwtScoutDesktop.addForm(RwtScoutDesktop.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment.showFormPart(AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment.java:234)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractRwtEnvironment$P_ScoutDesktopListener$1.run(AbstractRwtEnvironment.java:1110)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPendingMessages(Display.java:1196)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.safeReadAndDispatch(Display.java:1176)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1168)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment.createUI(AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWTLifeCycle.java:172)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadController.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:284)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.java:105)

Has somebody an idea how to resolve this?
Re: RAP FileChooser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError [message #1450465 is a reply to message #1450368] Wed, 22 October 2014 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Check the product file you use to start the application:
1/ Does it contains following plugins:
- org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser
- org.eclipse.rap.addons.filedialog
- org.eclipse.rap.addons.fileupload
- org.apache.commons.fileupload
- org.apache.commons.io

2/ Does it validate?

3/ Have you strange errors (and wired stack trace) when you start the appliation?

---
By reading the Stacktrace, I have an other question:
Are you sure you to not have a mixup between several scout versions?

The method that is missing was added to the IValueField interface with Luna (commit date: 22.05.2014)...

Have you this stacktrace in a deployed application (on tomcat) or when you start the application from the IDE?
Re: RAP FileChooser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError [message #1450487 is a reply to message #1450465] Wed, 22 October 2014 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Check the product file you use to start the application:
1/ Does it contains following plugins:
- org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.incubator.filechooser
- org.eclipse.rap.addons.filedialog
- org.eclipse.rap.addons.fileupload
- org.apache.commons.fileupload
- org.apache.commons.io

Plugins are available (see atachment)

Quote:
2/ Does it validate?

I does.

Quote:
3/ Have you strange errors (and wired stack trace) when you start the appliation?

No

Quote:
By reading the Stacktrace, I have an other question:
Are you sure you to not have a mixup between several scout versions?

The method that is missing was added to the IValueField interface with Luna (commit date: 22.05.2014)...

I have the same problem like described in this post:

RAP FileChooser

What I additionaly done is to copy the jarfiles form:
-http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/incubator/2.3/fileupload/
-Scout 4.0 Luna - http://download.eclipse.org/scout/releases/4.0
directly into rap_target: (${scout_rap_target})

plugins:
index.php/fa/19627/0/
features:
index.php/fa/19628/0/

Here is the conente of my rap_target forlder:
index.php/fa/19629/0/

Quote:
Have you this stacktrace in a deployed application (on tomcat) or when you start the application from the IDE?

My application runs on a JBoss an I see no stracktraces belonging to this issue

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2014 14:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP FileChooser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError [message #1451155 is a reply to message #1450487] Thu, 23 October 2014 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After several hours of searching and desperation I found the solution.
Something was wrong with the eclipse I used. After dowloading an new distribution the problem disappeared.
Thank you four your effort.
Re: RAP FileChooser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError [message #1451169 is a reply to message #1451155] Thu, 23 October 2014 12:32 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Reinhold Kern wrote on Thu, 23 October 2014 14:13
After several hours of searching and desperation I found the solution.
Something was wrong with the eclipse I used. After dowloading an new distribution the problem disappeared.

As far as I can tell from the screenshot, your "rap_target" folder has different versions:

index.php/fa/19629/0/

I see 4.0.0.xxxxx.jar and 4.0.100.yyyyyyy.jar; this is probabelly the reason.

I am glad you managed to solve your problem. Thanks for sharing.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2014 12:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:RAP theme bundle no longer resolved after docx4j integration
Next Topic:Multi-module app and dev workflow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:59:12 GMT 2024