Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Add custom field while inferring
Add custom field while inferring [message #1450308] Wed, 22 October 2014 10:00 Go to next message
Tobias Wink is currently offline Tobias WinkFriend
Hi,

I'm back with another problem. Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm not possible to create a field that is not part of my DSL-file.

I want to generate a default primary key attribute if no primary key is defined in my DSL-file. To generate this default primary key I just called the toField-Method of JvmTypesBuilder like with the normal fields.

My Xtend-Code Snippet is (element is an AbstractElement a ):
val identity = toField("identity", getTypeForName("FQN of the appropriate class", element))

While generating the following error occurs:
ERROR org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.jvmmodel.JvmTypesBuilder - The source element must be part of the source tree.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The source element must be part of the source tree.
at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.jvmmodel.JvmTypesBuilder.isValidSource(JvmTypesBuilder.java:635)
at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.jvmmodel.JvmTypesBuilder.associate(JvmTypesBuilder.java:620)
at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.jvmmodel.JvmTypesBuilder.toField(JvmTypesBuilder.java:567)
at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.jvmmodel.JvmTypesBuilder.toField(JvmTypesBuilder.java:552)

In the generated Java-Class everything looks right. But the Execption is irritating me. What I'm doing wrong?

PS: I'm using Xtext 2.7.2
Re: Add custom field while inferring [message #1450334 is a reply to message #1450308] Wed, 22 October 2014 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

as source you can take any eclass in your model e.g. the Entity or whatever it is in your case.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Add custom field while inferring [message #1450364 is a reply to message #1450334] Wed, 22 October 2014 11:12 Go to previous message
Tobias Wink is currently offline Tobias WinkFriend
Thanks. The Exception disappears by using my entity-Element as source
Previous Topic:How ImportURI is used in Xtext
Next Topic:CrossRef Serialization of updated models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:53:46 GMT 2024