Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Setting the focus on the first row a a table
Setting the focus on the first row a a table [message #1449351] Tue, 21 October 2014 08:14 Go to next message
Juan Flores is currently offline Juan FloresFriend
Hi,

I am trying to set the focus on the first row of a table. After setting the focus on the row, the user should be able to use the arrow keys up and in down in other move the focus from one row to another.

Until now I am able to set the selected row. In the browser I can see the selected row with the corresponding background color. That works fine. But If I use the arrow keys I see that the focus is still on the search button I clicked for search of data.

Well, I habe tryed to call "requestFocus" for the Table. This does not work.
Further I have to set the focus by using the methods "getUIFacade().fireRowActionFromUI(firstVisibleRow);" and "getUIFacade().fireRowClickFromUI(firstVisibleRow);". Both methods do not set the focus as required.

Can you help?
Re: Setting the focus on the first row a a table [message #1449369 is a reply to message #1449351] Tue, 21 October 2014 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur vD is currently offline Arthur vDFriend
It might depend on where in your code you are calling requestFocus(). Try wrapping the call in a ClientSyncJob.
Re: Setting the focus on the first row a a table [message #1450505 is a reply to message #1449369] Wed, 22 October 2014 14:11 Go to previous message
Juan Flores is currently offline Juan FloresFriend
Thanks,

It works using ClinetSyncJob
Previous Topic:Possible bug in class AbstractTable
Next Topic:exe compiled with tycho => unexpected error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:25:58 GMT 2024