Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Native browser scrolling without Scrolling Composites in RAP(Is it possible to get browser scrolling without composites?)
Native browser scrolling without Scrolling Composites in RAP [message #1446984] Fri, 17 October 2014 16:04
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
After developing quite a lot with RAP now, working with Shells, mostly made maximised to the browser's current size, and using Scrolling Composites and Tables to scroll long lists of data, I wondered if there was another way to handle tall 'pages'.

I know that RAP doesn't really give you 'pages' in the browser sense, but wondered if it were possible to cause the browser to provide its standard page scrolling, rather than relying on logic to resize the shell and use Scrolling Composites?

For example, a Shell sized at (1024x5000) would be a very tall one, and would not fit on too many browsers, but even so, the browser does not provide its native vertical scroll bar to be able to access the lower parts of the window.

RAP tries to be clever by moving the 'view' toward the current widget in focus, which is something, but it would be great to take advantage of native browser scrolling instead.

Is this possible somehow? Perhaps a property of the Display object?

Hopefully it is clear what I mean!

Thanks, John

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Previous Topic:How to set i18n for this message?
Next Topic:Tree collapse selection change not firing Selection listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:51:34 GMT 2024