Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Extremely Sluggish(Running Eclipse)
Eclipse Extremely Sluggish [message #1445436] Wed, 15 October 2014 12:44 Go to next message
Brian Boothe is currently offline Brian BootheFriend
I've seemingly always come back to Eclipse for years, but every-time i do , I'm so disappointed in the Extreme Sluggishness of the software and just end up uninstalling it, I've installed it on many many machines with all different CPU cores even i5 32 Gig of Ram very one " go grab coffee and make a sandwich" and wait" Really ? i run 4 Different versions of Visual Studio and they wipe it under the table in Start-up and speed , what can i do to Make Eclipse Faster than waiting
Re: Eclipse Extremely Sluggish [message #1445444 is a reply to message #1445436] Wed, 15 October 2014 12:56 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I'm sure you realize that it's very hard for anyone to speculate about what might be the problem or suggest any course of action without some details. Since tens of thousands (perhaps a million or more) of people use Eclipse and Eclipse-based products every day, it obviously doesn't suck for everyone.
What, specifically, do you observe that is sub-par in terms of performance? Eclipse takes some seconds to start up, true; but not generally to the level that you're describing. What else do you observe?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2014 12:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Quick Start
Next Topic:Jetty 9 adding charset by default
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:02:57 GMT 2024