Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » How to control a manual activity, rendering and input-validation
How to control a manual activity, rendering and input-validation [message #1445433] Wed, 15 October 2014 12:38 Go to next message
albert boonstra is currently offline albert boonstraFriend
Hi,

I am using a manual activity for data input and have some questions:

1. How can I validate the input semantically (e.g when A is not empty field B must have a value, without field A field B may have a value). For this kind of checks the static syntax checks (set in the field of a composite-type) are not enough.

2. How can I control the order in which the editable (OUT and IN-OUT) datafields and the non editable (OUT) datafields are rendered. The OUT fields seem to be displayed first always.

3. Is it possible to include 'instruction' text at the top of the page

I cannot find any clues in the documentation. Are the auto-views of manual activities usable for production or should these only be used for application development. If it's ment for development only can you point me to some documentation explaining how to model them for production usage?

Albert Boonstra
Re: How to control a manual activity, rendering and input-validation [message #1481810 is a reply to message #1445433] Fri, 21 November 2014 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Albert,

1. more complex cross-field validations are currently not supported ootb my the automatically generated manual activity UIs. When you reach the limits of automatically generated activity Uis then you can switch to custom pages, UI mashups. Those can either be existing web pages in various technologies, or pages developed specifically for this purpose (embedded or external). The HTML5 source of the manual activity panels can be generated and used as the basis for your custom pages. In can be modified in the embedded editor or in any 3rd party editor. We use AngularJS for the portal. In custom pages you can make modifications, e.g. add additional more complex validations.
https://infinity.sungard.com/documentation/ipp/8.1/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.analyst/html/handbooks/modelling_analyst/applications/pep-application-ui.htm

2. The order of the fields on the generated UI is determined based on the order of the data mappings in the model.

3. That would be possible via
a) an additional in data mapping on the top
b) a custom page

The description field in the properties of an activity can be used as a tool tip. This may also be helpful.

Best regards

Rob
Re: How to control a manual activity, rendering and input-validation [message #1489301 is a reply to message #1481810] Thu, 27 November 2014 08:53 Go to previous message
albert boonstra is currently offline albert boonstraFriend
Rob,

Thank you for the clear answer. The generated manual activity source panels help me a lot.

Albert.
Previous Topic:Configuration Variables
Next Topic:How to use maven dependencies in eclipse stardust dynamic web project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:42:55 GMT 2024