|Eclipse wont start (yet another thread) [message #1444961]
||Tue, 14 October 2014 20:39
| Michael Conz
Registered: October 2014
at first i'll excuse in advance for any bad english because it's not my native language.
But now to my problem:
I need to start in java programming, so I recently installed eclipse succesfully on 2 machines (at work and in a virtual machine).
The last few hours i tryed to install it on my personal computer at home and it's going to drive me nuts :(
After I did, what I did 2 times before (download and unpack eclipse, install java jdk, setup eclipse.ini, start eclipse, be happy) it seems that nothing I'm going to try leads to a starting eclipse.exe
There is no error message, no splash screen, nothing.
If I start the eclipse.exe by double click in explorer, I get an explorer.exe which consumes 25% of my cpu (one core) and nothing changes this until I restart my system. Same thing happens when I try to start eclipse.exe via console (cmd), only difference is a cmd.exe in taskmanager consuming 25% CPU.
My system specs are:
Windows 8.1 x64 (not running any UAC or sth, as user with admin rights)
(if u need more details, just tell me)
A few things i tryed:
- complety cleaned my system of all java installations and eclipse to da a "fresh" restart (again) -> nothing
- reset PATH value to default -> nothing (even after another reinstall of java with clean PATH)
- set path to javaw.exe in eclipse.ini (-vm -> next line the path)
- start ecplisec.exe over cmd -> not a single output line displayed in the prompt
- start eclipse.exe with parameters -clean or -cleanPersistedState or even both -> again not a single output line ... just a cmd.exe consuming my CPU until I restart the system
I attached some screenshots of my problem to this post.
I hope anyone here can help me on this.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03519 seconds