Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » autrun on remote agent
autrun on remote agent [message #1444276] Mon, 13 October 2014 22:26 Go to next message
Victor Martin is currently offline Victor MartinFriend
I'm trying to run tests on a remote machine.
So far I've been able to do this using the ITE and now I'm trying the same using a command line approach.

The AUT is installed in a windows host. I launch the aut agent on that machine. Working using the ITE, from a Linux host, I configured a new AUT agent in the "Test->AUT Agent" preference for my windows host. I have also added a AUT configuration and set the "AUT agent host" to the agent created in the preference and also setup the other parameters "AUT ID" and "Executable File Name". I can then connect to the remote aut agent, start the aut and run the tests...Wonderful I love Jubula!!!

I need to do the same in a Jenkins job and I can't get the autrun command working in my Linux machine. I think I'm using exacly the same approach I use with the ITE. The command I run is like:

./autrun -i CodeBenchRemote -a 134.86.97.2 -p 60000 -rcp -k en_US -e "C:\hudson_home\worspace\AUT.cmd"

to which I get this error:

An error has occurred. See the log file
/home/al/.jubula/configAreas/autagent/8.0.00170/1412957402133.log.

Looking at the log file I see this:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\hudson_home\worspace\AUT.cmd" (in directory "/home/al/jubula_8.0.00170/server"): error=2, No such file or directory

It seems the autrun command is trying to run the AUT executable file in my Linux host and it is ignoring the "-a 134.86.97.2 -p 60000" parameters.

Re: autrun on remote agent [message #1444822 is a reply to message #1444276] Tue, 14 October 2014 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Well, the documentation is at least misleading. The AUT will be running on the same host as autrun. You can connect to an agent on another machine, but that won't change the execution environment for the AUT.

Sorry for the confusion, we will fix the manual.

- Achim
Re: autrun on remote agent [message #1445539 is a reply to message #1444822] Wed, 15 October 2014 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Martin is currently offline Victor MartinFriend
So it is possible to start and test an AUT on a remote machine using the ITE but not from the command line?

For these autrun command switches then:
-a, --autagenthost -a <hostname> Enter the hostname for the AUT Agent
-p, --autagentport -p <port number> Enter the port number for the AUT Agent

The autrun can connect to a remote agent but the AUT will be running on the local machine?

Thanks
Re: autrun on remote agent [message #1445582 is a reply to message #1445539] Wed, 15 October 2014 16:34 Go to previous message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

The AUT will run on the same machine as autrun. The agent may be on another machine.

To work like in the ITE (i.e. start and test an AUT) you can use testexec which uses the agent to start the AUT.

- Achim
Previous Topic:Is it possible to run parallel tests on one server
Next Topic:Is it possible to avoid mapping?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:04:25 GMT 2024