Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » RCPTT : some questions(Some questions for RCPTT evaluation)
RCPTT : some questions [message #1443849] Mon, 13 October 2014 09:35 Go to next message
maherzia belaazi is currently offline maherzia belaaziFriend
Hello,
I have some questions about RCPTT :
question1:
Which version of Eclipse as AUT are supported by RCPTT ? and which are not ?
question2:
Which UI components are supported ? draw2d , GEF ....
question3:
For image comparasion is there a way to do it ?
question4:
Is there a command line to launch RCPTT tests ?
question5:
How to set parameters or varibales to be used by RCPTT scripts ?
question6:
What platforms are supported by RCPTT ? (windows , Linux (which versions ?) ..
question7:
How to set verification points ?
question8:
Does generated reports contain all information about assertion and verification points and their status.
question9:
Is there a way to continue in launching RCPTT tests and ignoring produced failures.
question10:
Is there a full documentation ? (ECL and RCPTT commands included)
Thanks in advance,
Maherzia
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1443875 is a reply to message #1443849] Mon, 13 October 2014 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis BACQUET is currently offline Francis BACQUETFriend
Hello Maherzia,

I discovered recently RCPTT. I can say this:

Quote:
question5:
How to set parameters or varibales to be used by RCPTT scripts ?

You can read the guide for parameters. For parameters, you to have create a parameter. You can also use the command "let".

Quote:

question7:
How to set verification points ?

I use the command verify-true

Quote:
question9:
Is there a way to continue in launching RCPTT tests and ignoring produced failures.

It's the the normal functioning. RCPTT don't stop on a error, It's execute the Suite test complete.

Quote:
question10:
Is there a full documentation ? (ECL and RCPTT commands included)

You can read the user guide. And for the commands in details, I use this link. RCPTT from project q7 (without continous integration). It's more easy to find documentation on q7.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 October 2014 10:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1443896 is a reply to message #1443849] Mon, 13 October 2014 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello!
Thanks for contacting us!

1. RCPTT doesn't support E4 RCPs without 3.x compatibility layer (If AUT contains org.eclipse.ui.workbench plugin, then RCPTT supports it.).

2. RCPTT supports draw2d, GEF, GMF, Nebula Tables

3. No. There is no way for image comparison.

4. RCPTT is a testing tool that allows you to design tests and run them manually. There is commercial product Continuous Integration for RCPTT by Xored (http://ci.xored.com/) or you can use solutions from other vendors.

5. About variables and parameters you can read in User Guide (Variables and parameters)

6. RCPTT supports platforms which are supported by Eclipse.

7.This functionality is discribed here (verifications) and here (assertions) in User Guide.

8. Yes. Reports contain all information about assertion and verification points and their status.

9. If one test fails, RCPTT continue launching other tests. Contexts make tests independent, so one failure doesn't affect launching other tests.

10. You can find RCPTT documentation here and discription of ECL commands there.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1443987 is a reply to message #1443896] Mon, 13 October 2014 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot Frabcis and Olga for your quick answers.
An other question, If I want to modify or to add some actions/verification points to my test script. Could I record from a specific AUT status ?
Is there the possibility to insert data into an existing script without replaying it.
This option is so helpfull for tests maintenance.
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1444045 is a reply to message #1443987] Mon, 13 October 2014 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Inozemtsev is currently offline Ivan InozemtsevFriend
Hi,

We intentionally replay already recorded snippet when you click 'Record' in existing test case to make sure that a script is consistent. If you need to manually record something and place it in a suitable place of existing test case, you can use 'Record a Snippet' (https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/documentation/img/ui-snippet.png) button on RCPTT IDE toolbar. This button immediately starts recording of an unnamed test case without any contexts, so that you can record actions and just cut-n-paste resulting script
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1444606 is a reply to message #1444045] Tue, 14 October 2014 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A very good option thanks !
An other question, I want to properly close my AUT at the end of the test. How could I do it ?
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1709656 is a reply to message #1444606] Wed, 30 September 2015 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Maherzia,

If you run your tests in a continuous integration RCPTT Runner will close AUT automatically after all tests are passed.

Any other ways like closing AUT in a particular test are not supported.

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1759107 is a reply to message #1709656] Thu, 06 April 2017 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vanta Black is currently offline Vanta BlackFriend
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to run more than 1 instance of RCPTT to execute 2 test suite simultaneously? Thanks.
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1799978 is a reply to message #1443875] Tue, 18 December 2018 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maria Barova is currently offline Maria BarovaFriend
Hello,

I know this discussion is old, but I just started using the tool and have problems with it. First I didn't understand why after each test, the AUT is not stopped and launched again, but I found a workaround for this and it's ok now. However, after failure the suite just stops. I used all kinds of contexts and nothing works. Please, help!
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1800280 is a reply to message #1799978] Sun, 23 December 2018 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Lidestrom is currently offline Jens LidestromFriend
Maria Barova wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 11:08
I know this discussion is old, but I just started using the tool and have problems with it. ... However, after failure the suite just stops. ...

Hello Maria!

If you have a question, then please start a new thread instead of posting in an old thread! That way the answers will be easer to find in the future.

(I am also interested in how a test suite can be made to continue with the nest test after a failire!)
Re: RCPTT : some questions [message #1801669 is a reply to message #1799978] Thu, 24 January 2019 13:35 Go to previous message
Vasili Gulevich is currently offline Vasili GulevichFriend
Maria Barova wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 05:08
However, after failure the suite just stops. I used all kinds of contexts and nothing works.

Please disable Stop on First failure mode in Execution view.
index.php/fa/34719/0/
Previous Topic:NatTable
Next Topic:Unable to restart my AUT (Elexis)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:48:31 GMT 2024