Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Issue with spanned cells covered by a dialog
Issue with spanned cells covered by a dialog [message #1441143] Thu, 09 October 2014 10:08 Go to next message
Felix F. is currently offline Felix F.Friend
Hi everyone,

i am currently using Nattable (1.1.0) for a project that includes a table with spanned cells. To edit content a dialog pops up, that a part of the nattable is covered.

Here's my Problem: I open a dialog and when i move it the spanned cells, which were covered by the dialog, aren't spanned anymore until i click on the table a single time.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem and knows how to fix it?

Kind Regards,
Felix
Re: Issue with spanned cells covered by a dialog [message #1444827 is a reply to message #1441143] Tue, 14 October 2014 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
What kind of dialog? I can not reproduce this for example in the SpanningDataLayerExample if I enable the open in dialog editing configuration.
Re: Issue with spanned cells covered by a dialog [message #1445260 is a reply to message #1444827] Wed, 15 October 2014 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically any Dialog, ToolTip, Warning, Error, etc.. that pops up and covers the table provokes that error.

Edit: I have my own DataProvider that implements the ISpanningDataProvider Interface. It spans the cells, that have the same content in both directions column and row-wise

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2014 07:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue with spanned cells covered by a dialog [message #1445265 is a reply to message #1445260] Wed, 15 October 2014 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
well, a tooltip is no dialog, but nevertheless, even configuring a tooltip I am not able to reproduce the issue. Also not on opening a context menu or a dialog.

I'm not sure what you are doing, but technically what you are describing is that on moving the dialog the rendering of the NatTable is triggered, but not completely, since the spanning doesn't seem to be rendered. I'm not sure what you are doing differently to the SpanningDataLayerExample where I can't reproduce the behavior.
Re: Issue with spanned cells covered by a dialog [message #1445485 is a reply to message #1445265] Wed, 15 October 2014 13:57 Go to previous message
i was able to fix the problem:
at every return i created a new DataCell with their specific columnSpan and rowSpan instead of returning the first cell that is spanned. When a part of the table was covered by the dialog it didn't check the previous cells therefore they weren't spanned.
Previous Topic:How to get the context menu of NatTable
Next Topic:Export Natable Grid to Excel.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:06:24 GMT 2024