Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS" w
Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS" w [message #1441091] Thu, 09 October 2014 08:48 Go to next message
Juraj Marusiak is currently offline Juraj MarusiakFriend
I have upgraded BIRT on our server from 3.7.0 -> 4.4.1 version. Now, when I try run my reports, some of the reports display the error:

Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS" which does not exist

This ocures, if the column binding reference an ALIAS in my SQL dataset. If I do not use ALIASES, everything seems to be fine.

Any idea, how I can fix this problem on the server? I do not want to redesign all the reports and remove SQL ALIASES from it ..

Is there any other way?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Juraj
Re: Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS&quo [message #1441514 is a reply to message #1441091] Thu, 09 October 2014 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Is this something you can reproduce with the sample database and attach in here? That way I can see and test on the issue. Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS& [message #1441863 is a reply to message #1441514] Fri, 10 October 2014 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello. Thanks for your effort.

I was able to reproduce the problem with the sample db. Simple query:

select
orderDate,
requiredDate,
shippedDate,
status as st
from
orders;

I want to display data in the table, but dataSetRow["st"], nor dataSetRow["status"] works. I get this exception:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Column binding "status" has referred to a data set column "status" which does not exist.

Am I doing something wrong?
Re: Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS& [message #1443764 is a reply to message #1441863] Mon, 13 October 2014 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please let me know, if you managed to reproduce my problem? Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
Re: Column binding "COLUMN_ALIAS" has referred to a data set column "COLUMN_ALIAS& [message #1443814 is a reply to message #1443764] Mon, 13 October 2014 08:36 Go to previous message
I have installed birt report viewer 4.4.0 and there it works OK. So it seems to be a bug with 4.4.1 report viewer.
Previous Topic:BirtViewer - ok, Birt API - OutOfMemory
Next Topic:RCP - Integrating BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:18:09 GMT 2024