Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Crashes every time I type anything that triggers auto-complete(Auto-complete suggestions crash)
icon8.gif  Eclipse Crashes every time I type anything that triggers auto-complete [message #1437555] Sat, 04 October 2014 16:21 Go to next message
Mark MacRae is currently offline Mark MacRaeFriend
I have used Eclipse quite successfully in the past, but just recently (yesterday) re-installed it in order to write a simple Android app.

Anyway. Basically every time I type something and Eclipse tried to auto-suggest a completion, it immediately crashes.

Example: I type "import org.j", Eclipse correctly suggests that it should be "org.json" in a little popup, but then immediately crashes.
Re: Eclipse Crashes every time I type anything that triggers auto-complete [message #1438752 is a reply to message #1437555] Mon, 06 October 2014 12:49 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You'll need to provide more details for anyone to diagnose a problem like that. For example, what OS? What version of Eclipse? Which Eclipse package? What third-party plugins have you installed? Have you specified your JVM in eclipse.ini?

Think about how someone is going to look at your problem from the outside - the more info given the better the potential for answers.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 October 2014 12:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse CDT error
Next Topic:Where is the Git Preferences page?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:56:33 GMT 2024