Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Running ESH/OH2 parallel to OH1.x(Migration/Upgrade routes)
Running ESH/OH2 parallel to OH1.x [message #1435419] Wed, 01 October 2014 13:09 Go to next message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
I just wanted to start a new thread on how to migrate from a OH1.x environment to a OH2 ESH-backed environment, given that (1) there will be a compatibility binding available in OH2 to support OH1 bindings on the one hand and (2) the path to migration of each binding will be long and depending on community effort.

I see some possible scenarios here:

1. Run ESH/OH2 next to OH1.x on the same host (possible? possible from OSGi and java VM point of view?), and have those 2 interact via
a. OSGi bus
b. MQTT
c. ....?

2. Pray the Gods to be merciful to Kai and have OH1.x compat. lib in place without too many hiccups

3. Same as 1. but without interaction, loosing thus some functionality, and having to operate 2 GUI's to control things

4. ... ?
Re: Running ESH/OH2 parallel to OH1.x [message #1435762 is a reply to message #1435419] Thu, 02 October 2014 00:10 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
As this is very much a discussion around openHAB and not ESH, I would recommend to move it to https://github.com/openhab/openhab2/labels/question.
Previous Topic:Channel Attributes
Next Topic:.items processed after .things: how to time/deal with this?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:31:37 GMT 2024