Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMFForms]Bug in ViewModel(ViewModelFile created is buggy)
[EMFForms]Bug in ViewModel [message #1435305] Wed, 01 October 2014 09:45 Go to next message
Annamalai Chockalingam is currently offline Annamalai ChockalingamFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi There

I upgraded to ecp 1.4 and realised that now when i click on the new View Model wizard, i can browse and select the ecore and the eclass that i am interested in. But after creation if you open the View Model Editor only 1 control is created for an attribute name which isnt present in my model. My model has firstName, address, mobileno, emailid.

This was working perfectly fine in ecp 1.3.

Also i realised that in ecp 1.4 TableControl ContextMenu has been altered and option of attaching TableDomainModelReference and ColumnDomainModelReference is now part of the details section of the editor and not on the viewmodel tree.

Wanted to understand if this was done for a specific reason and if so then your tutorials "http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/emf-forms-view-model-elements/" is out of date now.

Regards
Malai
Re: [EMFForms]Bug in ViewModel [message #1435969 is a reply to message #1435305] Thu, 02 October 2014 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 699
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

comments inline

Am 01.10.2014 11:45, schrieb Annamalai Chockalingam:
> Hi There
>
> I upgraded to ecp 1.4 and realised that now when i click on the new View
> Model wizard, i can browse and select the ecore and the eclass that i am
> interested in. But after creation if you open the View Model Editor only
> 1 control is created for an attribute name which isnt present in my
> model. My model has firstName, address, mobileno, emailid.

Can you provide a BR and a model to reproduce this?

>
> This was working perfectly fine in ecp 1.3.
> Also i realised that in ecp 1.4 TableControl ContextMenu has been
> altered and option of attaching TableDomainModelReference and
> ColumnDomainModelReference is now part of the details section of the
> editor and not on the viewmodel tree.
>
> Wanted to understand if this was done for a specific reason and if so
> then your tutorials
> "http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/emf-forms-view-model-elements/" is
> out of date now.

We are currently in the process of updating the documentation, thanks
for point out.

regards

Jonas


>
> Regards
> Malai
>
Re: [EMFForms]Bug in ViewModel [message #1435970 is a reply to message #1435969] Thu, 02 October 2014 07:54 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 699
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi again,

I just remember, I updated this part of the documentation yesterday :-)

Am 02.10.2014 09:52, schrieb Jonas Helming:
> Hi,
>
> comments inline
>
> Am 01.10.2014 11:45, schrieb Annamalai Chockalingam:
>> Hi There
>>
>> I upgraded to ecp 1.4 and realised that now when i click on the new View
>> Model wizard, i can browse and select the ecore and the eclass that i am
>> interested in. But after creation if you open the View Model Editor only
>> 1 control is created for an attribute name which isnt present in my
>> model. My model has firstName, address, mobileno, emailid.
>
> Can you provide a BR and a model to reproduce this?
>
>>
>> This was working perfectly fine in ecp 1.3.
>> Also i realised that in ecp 1.4 TableControl ContextMenu has been
>> altered and option of attaching TableDomainModelReference and
>> ColumnDomainModelReference is now part of the details section of the
>> editor and not on the viewmodel tree.
>>
>> Wanted to understand if this was done for a specific reason and if so
>> then your tutorials
>> "http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/emf-forms-view-model-elements/" is
>> out of date now.
>
> We are currently in the process of updating the documentation, thanks
> for point out.
>
> regards
>
> Jonas
>
>
>>
>> Regards
>> Malai
>>
>
Previous Topic:[EMFStore] Swallowing exceptions
Next Topic:Drag & Drop not working in ECP - Model Explorer View
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Apr 07 04:54:34 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05623 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top