Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Xtext + Orion
Xtext + Orion [message #1431173] Thu, 25 September 2014 09:51 Go to next message
Michele Di Biase is currently offline Michele Di BiaseFriend
Hi
I've seen some videos that talk about Xtext in the web.
In this moment, I have a project that xtext is tested only on the editor of eclipse.
I have to pass it to a higher level. Let me explain, to test my project xtext now I can only "run new configuration" and enter a new eclipse application that provides me an editor and output.
Now I have to merge everything into a single web page.
As I said earlier some video on the internet showing an integration between xtext and orion eclipse.
I was wondering:
how do I integrate a project xtext - orion eclipse?
exits already documentation for this project?
Thank you for your help
Re: Xtext + Orion [message #1439011 is a reply to message #1431173] Mon, 06 October 2014 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I saw some experiment at the Eclipse Stammtisch Zurich 2013: Holger Schill (I think he works at itemis in Germany) presented how you can realize something like that (orion + eclipse as backend). Maybe he is still working on those topics.
Re: Xtext + Orion [message #1439493 is a reply to message #1431173] Tue, 07 October 2014 07:58 Go to previous message
Holger Schill is currently offline Holger SchillFriend
Hi Michele,

we builded a prototype with pure Orion and a second one with Eclipse Flux. They are only prototypes and that's the reason why they are currently not opensource. We are still working on bringing Xtext to other platforms and I am sure that the web will be a candidate for that, but currently I have no feeling when we will come to this point.
Please have a look at Flux as the code will show you how to integrate with Orion and then you have to find the right hooks in Xtext and use Eclipse as a Service to provide functionality for Flux. We did the same for the Flux / Xtext integration.

Cheers,
Holger

--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Previous Topic:How to enable syntax highlighting for javascript ?
Next Topic:graphical editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:48:43 GMT 2024