Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Partially working RAP application(ClassNotFoundException with RAP E4 on Tomcat 8)
Partially working RAP application [message #1431148] Thu, 25 September 2014 09:16 Go to next message
Georges Bachelier is currently offline Georges BachelierFriend
Hi everyone!

I have spent a whole week on this, reading help and forums; it is time to ask for help...

I am building a RAP 2.3 E4 application with Eclipse Luna 4.4.1 and I want to deploy it on Tomcat 8 on a Windows 7 platform.

My app is made up of 2 plug-ins: com.xxx.buggy and com.xxx.buggy.ui. I build a WAR file from a warproduct one by using the Eclipse WAR Product export wizard. I open an OSGI console with Telnet and the ss command shows all bundles in the ACTIVE state, except the org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.extensionbundle which is in the RESOLVED state.

My app starts fine and its first page (in com.xxx.buggy.ui bundle) is properly displayed. Things turn bad when I click a button on this page, which makes use of a class embedded in the com.xxx.buggy bundle. The log file located under Tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\buggy\eclipse\configuration is attached and shows that the class I need cannot be found. Since this class makes use of some external Jars (embedded in the \lib folder of the WAR), I have written a dummy independent class to check if this could be a classpath issue. No way, the dummy class cannot be found. Same error.

When I move the required class to the com.xxx.buggy.ui bundle, the app works fine.

I need your help to investigate this further. What can I do to find the root cause of this class loading issue. Is there a debug or a verbose mode somewhere which could be activated?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Georges
  • Attachment: buggy.log
    (Size: 7.29KB, Downloaded 209 times)
Re: Partially working RAP application [message #1439610 is a reply to message #1431148] Tue, 07 October 2014 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

Hi Georges,

This sound like a typical OSGi issue, not related to RAP or the Eclipse
platform. I'd suggest that you try to address the issue with a minimal
example, i.e. without RAP and the workbench: just the two bundles, one
that exposes the class which accesses the external library, and one the
accesses this class in the other bundle.

If you can reduce the problem to this minimal example, the Equinox forum
may be able to help.

Best regards,
Ralf

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Partially working RAP application [message #1440307 is a reply to message #1439610] Wed, 08 October 2014 07:39 Go to previous message
Georges Bachelier is currently offline Georges BachelierFriend
Hi Ralf,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I think I have missed something important in my understanding of OSGI.

Best regards,

Georges
Previous Topic:Lock up while shutting down RAP application in Wildfly 8.1/JBoss
Next Topic:[ANN] RAP 2.3.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:04:00 GMT 2024