Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Error when reverting p2 update from installation history(Error when reverting p2 update from installation history)
Error when reverting p2 update from installation history [message #1431119] Thu, 25 September 2014 08:25
Kovalan Venkatesan is currently offline Kovalan VenkatesanFriend
I've been facing this problem quite for some time and thought somebody here will be able to figure this out quickly.

I created a sample eclipse RCP application with the following components

com.module.product
com.eclispe.p2.feature
com.eclispe.p2.utils
com.modules.feature
com.module1

I set all component versions to be 1.0.0.

com.module.product has the .product file and p2.inf file. The product configuration is based on : features. The dependencies in .product file have com.modules.feature and org.eclipse.equinox.p2.rcp.feature.

com.eclispe.p2.feature includes the plugin.com.eclispe.p2.utils that contributes the "Update Handler" to perform the live update from the menu.

com.modules.feature is a dummy feature that depends on com.moudle.product and com.module1 (has dummy menu contribution).

Now when i change the versions of all mentioned components to 1.0.1 and export it to the repository and then try to perform p2 update the old exported 1.0.0 version, the updated plugins and features are downloaded and installed successfully. But it seems for the feature components alone (e.g., com.modules.feature) the old feature component ( com.modules.feature v1.0.0) gets deleted in the feature folder and has only the new feature component(com.modules.feature v1.0.1) .
The plugin folder has the old version as well as the new versions.

Due to this, when i perform "revert" to 1.0.0 version from Installation History, i get a error dialog saying "Revert configuration has encountered a problem" and "No repository found containing org.eclispe.update.feature, com.modles.feature 1.0.0".

I remember long time before I was successfully able to perform revert. But now somehow, not sure what mistake I am making in the configuration, it doesn't work as expected.
Previous Topic:Switch Perspective fails when executed after Job
Next Topic:Programmatically prevent view open (without using activities/activityPatternBindings)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:39:20 GMT 2024