Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Logging.Directory property does not appear to work(carnot.log is not created in expected folder)
Logging.Directory property does not appear to work [message #1429318] Tue, 23 September 2014 04:44 Go to next message
Dan Cimpoesu is currently offline Dan CimpoesuFriend
Hi

Regardless what value I assign to Logging.Directory property the file carnot.log is created in the same location, /var/lib/tomcat7/logs.

For example:

in carnot.properties
Logging.Directory = /home/dan/stardust/log

/var/lib/tomcat7/logs$ ls carnot.log
carnot.log

I tried various values for Logging.Directory property but the outcome is the same. I also ensured that there are permissions to write to /home/dan/stardust/log folder.

Please find attached my carnot.properties file.

Please assist to fix this problem.

Thanks
Dan
Re: Logging.Directory property does not appear to work [message #1429604 is a reply to message #1429318] Tue, 23 September 2014 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Rottstock is currently offline Sven RottstockFriend
Hi Dan,

unfortunately this property is only used/evaluated in the console resp. sysconsole client. If you deploy a web archive into an app server then you should modify the log4j.properties file. This file can be found in the WEB-INF/classes folder of the web archive. If you use the RAD environment you can simply modify the property file which is below of the ipp-resources source folder. If you're using the Maven archetypes then you'll find the file below of <your-project>/ipp-portal/src/main/resources.

I hope that I was able to help you.

--
Sven
Re: Logging.Directory property does not appear to work [message #1429978 is a reply to message #1429604] Wed, 24 September 2014 00:10 Go to previous message
Dan Cimpoesu is currently offline Dan CimpoesuFriend
Hi Sven

Thanks, now works fine.

Regards
Dan
Previous Topic:Reporting documentation bugs/issues
Next Topic:Audit Trail support for MySql current version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:06:10 GMT 2024