Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Creating an RCP but don't want all the IDE stuff!(Newbie question could be 30 seconds to answer!)
Creating an RCP but don't want all the IDE stuff! [message #1427597] Sat, 20 September 2014 13:01 Go to next message
LHXS Mising name is currently offline LHXS Mising nameFriend
Hi All - newbie I'm afraid.

I want to create an RCP application but want to create an RCP application but when I do (as per the attached picture), and go to 'Launch an Eclipse Application' under testing, it fires up a whole eclipse Luna application (into which I presume my plugin is inserted).

How do I make it not do this, I just want a simple blank container into which I can add views and parts.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Re: Creating an RCP but don't want all the IDE stuff! [message #1428903 is a reply to message #1427597] Mon, 22 September 2014 14:26 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Matt.

You need to define your own product and application. Your product definition (a .product file) specifies which bundles should be included and your application is like a Main class. The product definition can be used to create and populate a launch configuration.

It sounds like your launch configuration is using the Eclipse IDE product definition and including all the available bundles.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Rcp auto-update, specify password.
Next Topic:Compare With Each other
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:46:16 GMT 2024