|New Tycho 0.4.0-DEV-2233 (sort of) [message #24861]
||Fri, 17 April 2009 04:57
Originally posted by: igor.ifedorenko.com|
New Tycho build 0.4.0-DEV-2233 has been deployed to
repository.sonatype.org and you can download distribution from .
This is the first 0.4.0 DEV and as such there are several known bugs and
limitations, so do not delete your Tycho 0.3.0 build just yet ;-)
The main change in 0.4.0-DEV-2233 is completely reworked build target
platform management approach. Specifically
* Target platform is resolved for each project individually.
* New experimental P2-based target platform resolver.
See more details below.
* It is possible to inject additional bundles into test OSGi runtime
using maven-osgi-test-plugin configuration.
P2-based target platform resolver is the most visible user-visible
change in this build (expect for the new bugs, of course). Initial
implementation supports what we tentatively call "implicit target
In nutshells, Tycho will use dependency information from OSGi bundle
manifest (or feature.xml, or site.xml or .product file) and configured
artifact repositories to determine project build target platform. No
need to download anything manually or write long dependencyManagement
sections like it was necessary in Tycho 0.3.0.
We created simple demo application  that demonstrates implicit build
target platform in action.
Known problems and limitations
* Target platform resolution is slow, can take several minutes
for projects with large number of modules.
* Running tests against Eclipse 3.2 is not supported in this build.
We plan to restore Eclipse 3.2 support in the future 0.4.0 DEV builds.
* P2-based target platform resolver does not work on OSX
* P2-based target platform resolver does not work remote Maven
repositories and does not work well with old-style update sites.
* Target platform resolution debug log is too chatty is some cases and
too quite in others.
* M2E windowtester-based tests fail.
Even though this DEV build is not "production ready", I recommend all
Tycho users try it for their builds and report any problems and
regressions either in m2e JIRA  (use Tycho component).
I would also ask everyone interested to try implicit target platform
demo application  and tell us your opinion about this new feature.
http://repository.sonatype.org/content/repositories/tycho-ps eudo-releases/org/codehaus/tycho/tycho-distribution/0.4.0-DE V-2233/
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01419 seconds