Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WindowBuilder crashes.(WindowBuilder unexpectedly crashes with an internal error)
WindowBuilder crashes. [message #1423233] Sun, 14 September 2014 04:27
Ray Dowsett is currently offline Ray DowsettFriend
Hi

I'm having problems with WindowBuilder Pro crashing.

The messages shown are:

WindowBuilder was not able to show the GUI

Internal Error
WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error.
This could be caused by a WindowBuilder bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial update, etc.
java.lang.Error: new JComboBox()

I can see that the problem seems to be associated with a JComboBox and when 'PopupMenuListener' is used to access another class.

My program works without errors and WindowBuilder operates okay for a while but will invariably crash after a few changes have been made to other parts of the source code. If I restart Eclipse it again works as expected but after a while WindowBuilder again crashes with an internal error.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I have completely uninstalled JDK and Eclipse (deleting all files and cleaning Windows registry) and then reinstalled the JDK, Eclipse, and WindowBuilder packages. I believe I am using the latest versions of the software.

Help would be appreciated as I do really want to use the 'PopupMenuListener' feature of the JComboBox.

I've attached a generated report.
Previous Topic:Can WindowBuilder be use for gtkmm projects?
Next Topic:Viewing custom components?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:18:49 GMT 2024