Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Avoid "NullValue" from appearing in a non-required parameter list(I need to avoid the "NullValue" from appearing and also include something for a wild card)
Avoid "NullValue" from appearing in a non-required parameter list [message #1417361] Fri, 05 September 2014 08:58 Go to next message
RUSSELL NILE is currently offline RUSSELL NILEFriend
I have a list where I want to allow the user to NOT select an item and for us to assume that means "Everything". I set it to be not required and the "NullValue" appears (which I can use as a wildcard). When I set it as required then the NullValue disappears, but I can't leave the selection empty to avoid the wildcard.

I tried to add a "-1" as a default value, which works the first time through, but that item disappears every time I change the parent CascadingParameter.

For example; In the cascading parameter group I have "State" and "County". I want to allow them to choose every County by just not selecting one. Every time I change the State the default value of "-1" disappears.
Re: Avoid "NullValue" from appearing in a non-required parameter list [message #1417582 is a reply to message #1417361] Fri, 05 September 2014 18:39 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You might take a look at this example from the BIRT Developer Center:

http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/786-always-having-all-option-in-a-cascading-parameter/

It seems like it would handle your issue.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Reading values from a table into an Array
Next Topic:Difference between Grid and Label border size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:35:05 GMT 2024