Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EOL/ECL] How can I store data in a tabular way?
[EOL/ECL] How can I store data in a tabular way? [message #1416140] Thu, 04 September 2014 12:22 Go to next message
Alexander Fülleborn is currently offline Alexander FüllebornFriend
Hi Dimitris,

as you know from my other submission, I am working on implementing a permutation algorithm in ECL. I now need to store the results of a permutation (i.e. a certain combination of collection elements) in an object that is table like - e.g. array. I hope that there is some kind of array type in EOL/ECL to do this. I found the type 'Map'. However, this seems to be restricted to 2 fields, namely 'Key' and 'Value'. As my collections have more fields, the map type appears to be not suitable, is it?

If this favourable solution does not exist, would it be possible to generate new objects of the type collection during runtime (instead of declaring them beforehand at design time)? Background: During design time, I do not know how many collection type objects I need, as this number depends on the UML models and the amount of elements they contain.

Thanks a lot in advance for your appreciated support!

Cheers, Alex
Re: [EOL/ECL] How can I store data in a tabular way? [message #1417392 is a reply to message #1416140] Fri, 05 September 2014 10:11 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alex,

I'm afraid that there's no table-like construct in EOL so you'd probably need to define the desired data structure as a separate metamodel.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:HUTN : add information to existing model
Next Topic:XSD to EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:46:12 GMT 2024