Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Making a patch to platform resources plug-in(I would like to make a patch to resources and then have a deployable respository to do an update.)
Making a patch to platform resources plug-in [message #1415894] Wed, 03 September 2014 22:59
Richard Gobeli is currently offline Richard GobeliFriend
I have deployed my resource plug-in to the eclipse that I was testing using install to host eclipse repository. This worked for my testing.

I was going to make a deployable plugin of the platform resources, but the deployable plug-in and features does not allow a respository to be made for a plug-in.

I proceeded to make a feature wrapper to deploy my platform plug-in. This did create a update respository.

The problem is when trying to update another eclipse from this new feature it gets confused, and does not know which version of the resource plug-in should be loaded.

Is this because my feature wrapper is interfering with the orginal eclipse platform feature?

If that is the case, I would need to use the orginal platform feature to enter my patched resource plug-in. At this point, I have looked all over the git files and did not find a platform feature to use to create the original platform feature with all of the original platform files and my patch resources plug-in.

I would appreciate some help on this issue.

Thanks,

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2014 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Refactoring idea for org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform?
Next Topic:How to minimize a view programatically in eclipse kepler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:14:23 GMT 2024