Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Access Rule not working
Access Rule not working [message #1413915] Fri, 29 August 2014 18:51 Go to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I'm working in a project that makes heavy use of java.sql.Date, but we want to eliminate that usage. I thought I could define an Access Rule on the JRE System Library that the project uses, forbidding access to java.sql.Date. But it's not producing any compile errors as I expect.

My access rule is there: "Forbidden: java.sql.Date" and I see lots of uses of that class in the project's code, but the compiler doesn't flag them as errors (as it should do based on my configuration of Errors/Warnings for the project). I've even cleaned the project, but no change.

Am I missing something about how Access Rules are supposed to work?

[Updated on: Fri, 29 August 2014 18:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access Rule not working [message #1419329 is a reply to message #1413915] Mon, 08 September 2014 12:44 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Is the JDT team not monitoring this forum? I guess if I don't get any kind of feedback I'll just open a bug about it, but I prefer to be shown if it's my understanding or the tool that is wrong.
Previous Topic:Package Explorer without icons
Next Topic:eclipse-reporting-luna-R-win32 Can not find Total of sub-category under BIRT Functions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:56:46 GMT 2024