Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How to prevent local file repo from getting added to repository list
How to prevent local file repo from getting added to repository list [message #1412608] Tue, 26 August 2014 15:23
Jag Per is currently offline Jag PerFriend
We recently migrated our product (set of eclipse features/plugins) from using eclipse 3.7.2 to eclipse 4.4.

Our product uses InstallAnywhere based installer which installs the bundled p2 repo zip in the target eclipse instance by invoking the p2 director command internally. We also have an update site URL to get product updates. After the installation, the Available Software Sites lists our official update site URL. But after the migration to eclipse 4.4, we see an additional update site URL in the eclipse repository list. The additional URL points to the local file path of the temporary p2 repo zip that the installer used (ex: jar:file:/C:/Users/user123/AppData/Local/Temp/915644.tmp/MyProduct-P2-Repo.zip!/).

We didn't see this problem in eclipse 3.7.2. Apart from eclipse version difference, the one other difference is that we migrated our product build process from PDE to tycho. I also downloaded and installed p2 repo zips of some other third party plugins from eclipse market place in both eclipse 3.7.2 and 4.4 via p2 director command manually. I see the same problem with those plugins (i.e in eclipse 4.4, I see two repository locations for those products - their official update site url and the location of the local zip file)

How can I prevent adding the temp local file path to the repository list? Am I missing something in my product config or build config? Please help.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2014 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Querying for installed features
Next Topic:After-update actions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:19:53 GMT 2024