Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » background-color and background-image
background-color and background-image [message #1412455] Tue, 26 August 2014 07:53 Go to next message
Kris Slowinski is currently offline Kris SlowinskiFriend
Is it possible to apply both background-color and background-image using CSS? I am trying with the following example and all I can get is either the correct background or the image repeated many times within the window with the black background:
Shell {
  background-color: gradient linear rgb(0,206,209) rgb(0,255,127);
  background-image: url('./image.png');
}

Additionally, I would like to have the image appear once in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Re: background-color and background-image [message #1412601 is a reply to message #1412455] Tue, 26 August 2014 15:05 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend

The background colour is being applied but the image takes priority. If you write some code that calls getBackground(), you'll obtain your colour.

SWT's Control#setBackgroundImage() only supports repeated (tiled) images. You could modify the CSS engine's implementation to simulate no-repeat, similar to how we implement the CSS gradients. When a gradient is specified, we generate a background image and install a ControlListener on the widget to regenerate and re-install the gradient image on resize (see GradientBackgroundListener#handle()). You'd need to modify AbstractCSSPropertyBackgroundCompositeHandler and CSSPropertyBackgroundSWTHandler to add similar support.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Window without maximize minimize and close
Next Topic:correct place for I18N classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jan 27 08:33:06 GMT 2021