Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » FocusLost event raised when entering a Text(Mac OS X possible issue)
FocusLost event raised when entering a Text [message #1410769] Thu, 21 August 2014 15:17 Go to next message
Massimo Rabbi is currently offline Massimo RabbiFriend
Hi all,
I would like to have some confirmations about a possible change of behavior in the SWT library from 3.8.x to 4.3.x / 4.4.x.

I'm currently looking into a bug for our Eclipse-based product.
What happens it that when clicking with the mouse inside a text field an event FocusLost is raised and this somehow creates a bad behavior in our application causing the text content to be erased.
Despite the fact that I can try to fix this at code level, it sounds a bit strange that this happens.

For the sake of completeness I can say that this does not happen into an Eclipse 3.8.2.
I tested the behavior also on Luna and Kepler with a Windows 7 32bit and Windows 8.1 64bit and it works fine too.

My current Mac OS X version is 10.7.5.

Regards,
Massimo.

P.S: please let me know if can be considered a bug or this kind of events chain change was something intended.
Re: FocusLost event raised when entering a Text [message #1709809 is a reply to message #1410769] Thu, 01 October 2015 09:57 Go to previous message
Massimo Rabbi is currently offline Massimo RabbiFriend
Hi all,
just to let you know I found the source of the issue: it's described in this Eclipse Bug: [Cocoa] Focus transfer copies values into text fields https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=383750
Unfortunately it is not solved yet.

Regards,
Massimo.
Previous Topic:RCP 3.7 / SWT and Windows Data Execution Prevention
Next Topic:Table: set "focused" row
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:10:55 GMT 2024