Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » How to compare more than two Eobjects using EMF compare
How to compare more than two Eobjects using EMF compare [message #1410281] Wed, 20 August 2014 09:53 Go to next message
ramukumar M is currently offline ramukumar MFriend
Hi All
I want to do EMF compare for more than two EMF models instance . ie EObjects.
it is like left and multiple rights.
As per my understanding we can create a match for one left eobject and one right eobject. but my use case is to create a match for one left eobject vs multiple ie list of right objects based on few attribute value.

is this is possible ?
I have one more basic question what are the main advantages of EMF compare

BR
Ramu
Re: How to compare more than two Eobjects using EMF compare [message #1410708 is a reply to message #1410281] Thu, 21 August 2014 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Ramu,

EMF Compare allows you to compare two models together, or two along with their common ancestor (respectively two-way and three-way comparisons). The first allows you to see differences between two objects, while the second allows you to determine whether there are conflicting changes between the two wrt. their common ancestor.

A match only has three sides, corresponding to these two use-cases. If you need chain comparisons, you will have to make them one after the other, merging the left with the first right to create a second "(merged) left" to compare with the second "right", and so forth.

As for the bonus question, you'll have to explain what you expect before we can answer. Advantages of EMF Compare wrt. what? EMF Compare provides model comparisons integrated with Eclipse, supporting both EGit and Subversive and extensible for other SCMs...

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: How to compare more than two Eobjects using EMF compare [message #1410963 is a reply to message #1410708] Fri, 22 August 2014 03:45 Go to previous message
ramukumar M is currently offline ramukumar MFriend
Thanks Laurent Goubet.

So if I want to compare more than two models by always keeping one model as reference i.e. left, then only two possible solutions
1. As you have mentioned, compare first two model and merge the two model and make it as left to compare with the third model and goes on.
2. maintain different matches like Model_1 vs Model_2 and Model_1 vs Model_3 and goes on.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regarding the bonus question Smile what is Advantages of EMF Compare with respect to Collection comparison.

BR
Ramukumar M

[Updated on: Fri, 22 August 2014 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Get EObjects that cause a difference
Next Topic:Customize EMF compare - Match phase.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:05:39 GMT 2024