Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug-in
Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug-in [message #1409296] Sun, 17 August 2014 18:33 Go to next message
Hamza Ed-douibi is currently offline Hamza Ed-douibiFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member
Hi all,
First, I would like to thank OBEO team for such a great tool.

I'm using Sirius to create a designer for IFML language using the IFML metamodel. Source code available here github.com/ifml/ifml-editor.

Everything is working fine in development mode, but when I build the plugin and install it for the update site, the queries from my mtl file are not working.
My file is registered as a java extension using the Acceleo syntax (com::exemple::helper), I have the dependency org.eclipse.sirius.common.acceleo.mtl and my project has the Accleo nature.
Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?

NB. I'm working with eclipse Luna


Thank you
Re: Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug [message #1409603 is a reply to message #1409296] Mon, 18 August 2014 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Messages: 252
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Le 18/08/2014 15:22, Hamza Ed-douibi a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi,

> First, I would like to thank OBEO team for such a great tool.

Thanks for your feedback!

> I'm using Sirius to create a designer for IFML language using the IFML
> metamodel. Source code available here github.com/ifml/ifml-editor.
>
> Everything is working fine in development mode, but when I build the
> plugin and install it for the update site, the queries from my mtl file
> are not working. My file is registered as a java extension using the
> Acceleo syntax (com::exemple::helper), I have the dependency
> org.eclipse.sirius.common.acceleo.mtl and my project has the Accleo
> nature. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?
> NB. I'm working with eclipse Luna
>

Can you check that you have etml files in your plugin from your update
site? The *.emtl files are the binary/compiled files of *.mtl files
(like *.class files for *.java files). If these files do not exist in
your deployable plugin there is a problem in your build process.
That's my first idea.

>
> Thank you

Best regards,

Laurent - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius


Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug [message #1409612 is a reply to message #1409296] Mon, 18 August 2014 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Messages: 252
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hamza, you also have a simple example in previous post:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/797227/1405932/#msg_1405932

--
Laurent - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Le 18/08/2014 15:22, Hamza Ed-douibi a écrit :
> Hi all,
> First, I would like to thank OBEO team for such a great tool.
> I'm using Sirius to create a designer for IFML language using the IFML
> metamodel. Source code available here github.com/ifml/ifml-editor.
>
> Everything is working fine in development mode, but when I build the
> plugin and install it for the update site, the queries from my mtl file
> are not working. My file is registered as a java extension using the
> Acceleo syntax (com::exemple::helper), I have the dependency
> org.eclipse.sirius.common.acceleo.mtl and my project has the Accleo
> nature. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?
> NB. I'm working with eclipse Luna
>
>
> Thank you


Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug [message #1409629 is a reply to message #1409603] Mon, 18 August 2014 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hamza Ed-douibi is currently offline Hamza Ed-douibiFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member
Hi Laurent,

Thank you for your answer. I have just checked the existence of the .emtl file, it's there under the name helper.emtl in the same folder as helper.mtl.

Is this mean that my plugin is built correctly?

I have already checked the example you mentioned before posting my question, I'm following the same instructions.

Thank you again.
Re: Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug [message #1412220 is a reply to message #1409629] Mon, 25 August 2014 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hamza Ed-douibi is currently offline Hamza Ed-douibiFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member
Hi all,

I managed to fix the issue by removing org.eclipse.core.resources from the dependencies of the designer plugin. This was creating a confusion for Acceleo because because this dependency it already reexported from our emf metamodel editor project and this redundancy prevented Acceleo from using this library to select the resource requested in the queries. Somehow this was tolerated in the development mode but not after building the plugin.

Cheers
Hamza
Re: Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug [message #1412230 is a reply to message #1409629] Mon, 25 August 2014 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Messages: 162
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

To use mtl files in sirius you should first build them with tycho.
You can find an example here:http://wiki.eclipse.org/Acceleo/Maven

Here you can see an example of the configuration of the build for an Acceleo generator: http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2t/org.eclipse.acceleo.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.acceleo.maven.tests/pom.xml


Regards
Re: Acceleo queries defined in the .mtl files are not working when the project is deployed as a plug [message #1413501 is a reply to message #1412230] Thu, 28 August 2014 17:35 Go to previous message
Hamza Ed-douibi is currently offline Hamza Ed-douibiFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member
Thank you Julien for the tips.
Previous Topic:Unable to set a viewpoint based on table on existing project
Next Topic:Large Model Support
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Apr 03 18:35:52 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04236 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top