Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Indexer Removing My White Space While Typing(When coding in C++, the indexer seems to run faster than I type! I will press a tab space or the spacebar and the indexer will "clean it up" for me.)
Eclipse Indexer Removing My White Space While Typing [message #1408237] Thu, 14 August 2014 15:13
Michael Steppe is currently offline Michael SteppeFriend
When coding in C++, the indexer seems to run faster than I type! I will press a tab space or the spacebar and the indexer will "clean it up" for me. While I WANT the indexer turned on so I can autocomplete code and jump through files, it's a little hard to get things done when the indexer is deleting your spaces as you type. I am running Eclipse 4.2 on CentOS 6.3. Has anyone else seen this before? Is there a setting I can turn off that tells the indexer to wait until I finish typing or ONLY to index on saves? I do NOT want to turn the indexer off while I type and then back on after I am finished because my project is fairly large and doing so will make the indexer index the entire project each time I turn the setting back on.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Michael
Previous Topic:CDT and MSVS Express integration
Next Topic:Does CDT 8.3.0 now Support no GDB debugger?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:37:43 GMT 2024