Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean?(Eclipse to build Android app)
What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean? [message #1408236] Thu, 14 August 2014 15:11 Go to next message
Eston Burciaga is currently offline Eston BurciagaFriend
I am just starting out using the Eclipse IDE to build Android apps. I think that I have installed all of the proper add-ins to create Android apps properly. I am at the point where I am trying to add virtual devices to the IDE.

Whenever I try to add a device definition from the list of devices that come with the android plug-ins, I get this message but I don't know what it means or, worse, how to fix the problem.

The message is: "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target".

What does that mean and how can I resolve it?
Re: What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean? [message #1409539 is a reply to message #1408236] Mon, 18 August 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
We have a sticky post for you to read at https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/89/
Re: What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean? [message #1415276 is a reply to message #1409539] Tue, 02 September 2014 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jean milli is currently offline jean milliFriend
Hello

I exactly meet the same problem : Error message "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target"

I cannot find the indicated sticky post : Could you say more about where this post is (date, label of the post...)?

Thank you
Re: What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean? [message #1415291 is a reply to message #1415276] Tue, 02 September 2014 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The very first post in that forum: Android Development Info ** READ FIRST **
Re: What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean? [message #1415434 is a reply to message #1415291] Tue, 02 September 2014 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jean milli is currently offline jean milliFriend
Thank you Stephan
In the meantime, i had found the answer.

For other beginers who have the same problem, the solution is there :
stackoverflow.com/questions/25437922/successfully-running-an-android-avd-manager-and-creating-new-emulator
Re: What does "No CPU/ABI system image available for this target" mean? [message #1707180 is a reply to message #1415434] Wed, 02 September 2015 20:43 Go to previous message
Ar semm is currently offline Ar semmFriend
I have got the same error. And here are screens -- one for this error -- another for the amd sdk manager -- with sdk build-tools, platform installed and sdk samples. So I probably need the Android System eabi v7 for api 21 I need, but where I can find the original of such image (offline) revision 3. I cannot use online as the internet is very slow -- I need about a day to download and the connection is often broken. I used this site --http://venomvendor.blogspot.com/2014/10/download-development-tools-for-api-21.html -- with these links -- for system image -- but after putting in temp folder of sdk-tools it did not appera in this list with note "to be installed" or so?? Maybe the revison is not the same or there is 2 android image Android Wear and simple Android image? What I shpuld to do and where to download. Maybe also I did not used the correct image (Nexus)?
  • Attachment: nocpu.JPG
    (Size: 66.99KB, Downloaded 472 times)
  • Attachment: eabi.JPG
    (Size: 118.29KB, Downloaded 353 times)
Previous Topic:Cannot Install Jboss Tools on Keppler R2 (Online /Offline Update Mode)
Next Topic:Unable to start eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:12:12 GMT 2024