Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Very Basic Question(Using PHP editors in Java version of Eclipse)
Very Basic Question [message #1407078] Mon, 11 August 2014 20:45 Go to next message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
Can I add PHP editors to an Eclipse installation that is currently only set up for Java and HTML/CSS? If yes, how do I do that?

I mostly use Eclipse to do Java development but I find myself doing more and more web development these days. Mostly, that is writing HTML and CSS so I find the HTML editor a very handy thing in my Eclipse setup. I added the HTML editor a couple of years back and, frankly, I've forgotten how I did it. Now, I'd like to add a PHP editor. Right now, when I create a PHP file, I get only a basic text editor without any of the useful stuff, particularly the bracket matching capabilities that I have in Java and HTML.

Can someone remind me how to add a PHP editor to my existing setup? Or do I need to have a separate Eclipse installation for PHP?

I forget some of the key vocabulary I need to find this information for myself. I'm not sure how to describe the act of adding a new editor: is that "installing a new feature" or "updating my installation" or something else entirely? If I knew that, I could just do a search in the Help system and find out the appropriate technique.
Re: Very Basic Question [message #1407101 is a reply to message #1407078] Mon, 11 August 2014 22:06 Go to previous message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
Please ignore the foregoing question. I did some further poking around and discovered/remembered that I needed to go to Help/install new software, then specify the website for the PHP tools. I've successfully installed them and now have a PHP editor option that appears to work, just as I'd wanted.

Previous Topic:Dyamic Array
Next Topic:Error munmap_chunk with Ubuntu 14.04
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:39:00 GMT 2024