Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Add warning message to IJavaLineBreapoint
Add warning message to IJavaLineBreapoint [message #1406213] Sat, 09 August 2014 10:31
Alexey Andreev is currently offline Alexey AndreevFriend
I wrote custom remote debugger for a specific environment. It reuses existing JDT IJavaBreakpoints, but gives them a different meaning (submits them to the remote environment). However, the remote environment performs several optimizations that move or delete pieces of original code and therefore it can't accept all breakpoints. Before debugger session starts and connects to the remote runtime, we can't predict which of the breakpoints can't be set. I would like to keep these breakpoints as they are set in editor, but when the debugger starts, it must somehow tell the user that certain breakpoints are invalid. I think that these breakpoints should look different way, but I haven't found API methods for this purpose. I tried to set IMarker attributes such as IMarker.PROBLEM and IMarker.SEVERITY, but it didn't help. What is the best way to do this?
Previous Topic:How to perform two way merge?
Next Topic:How to get exceptions displayed in my eclipse console window after i deploy/install my plugins?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:38:40 GMT 2024