Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Steps to get gdb commad/response log
Steps to get gdb commad/response log [message #1405501] Thu, 07 August 2014 13:51 Go to next message
David Wootton is currently offline David WoottonFriend
I'm writing a plugin that extends the CDT debugger and am having some problems with debugger startup with my plugin.

Now I'm trying to get a log that shows me the commands that are issued to gdb as well as the responses, including asynchronous notifications like breakpoints.

Looking at the Luna CDT online help, it looks like there are settings under C/C++->Debug->GDB in the General Behavior box mid-frame that look like what I want.

However, in my Luna Eclipse installation, I don't even have a GDB preferences tab. All I have is Breakpoint Actions, Disassembly, Floating Point Memory Renderer, Source Lookup Path and Traditional Memory Rendering

How do I enable gdb command logging?

My build says it is Luna release 4.4.0 build id 20140612-0600 which I think is the final Luna build.
Re: Steps to get gdb commad/response log [message #1405507 is a reply to message #1405501] Thu, 07 August 2014 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Different preferences are enabled when you first run the debugger. The 'GDB' preference page is for the new debugger integration of CDT. Maybe you are using the old one? You can change those by:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_can_I_choose_another_debugger_integration_for_CDT.3F

Also, the new integration should always show you the gdb traces:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#I.27ve_been_asked_for_.27gdb_traces.27.2C_where_can_I_find_them.3F

Marc
Re: Steps to get gdb commad/response log [message #1405515 is a reply to message #1405507] Thu, 07 August 2014 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wootton is currently offline David WoottonFriend
I'm using the DSF debugger implementation, which was the default when I started the debug session.

I did find the console view for the gdb log, which is what I am looking for. I don't know what I did, if anything, to get the GDB preferences to show up in the preferences dialog, but the preferences are there now and weren't there before.

Thanks
Re: Steps to get gdb commad/response log [message #1405517 is a reply to message #1405515] Thu, 07 August 2014 14:25 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
You probably launched the first debug session. There preference may not have been there before that. That is kind of annoying...
Previous Topic:Word Completion(Alt+/)
Next Topic:Display Error in IDE but when compille the code without any error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:46:57 GMT 2024