|Xtend installation without Xtext [message #1404776]
||Tue, 05 August 2014 16:50
| Ernesto Posse
Registered: March 2011
Hello. I've installed Xtend 2.6.2 SDK alone, without installing Xtext, and I noticed something strange. When I tried installing it with the Luna update site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna it installed the plugins, but it didn't show any features under "Installation Details". However, when I installed it (on a fresh workspace) using the TMF update site (http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/), it did show the Xtend SDK feature. Furthermore, in the first case there where no UI contributions (no New>Other...>Xtend Class, no right-click->Configure->Add Xtext Nature). |
Also, when creating the project with Introductory examples I get errors in all the examples, unable to resolve many symbols because two required bundles are missing:
However, both bundles are installed (they show up under Installation Details) with the correct versions. Furthermore, when I create a new Xtend project and I get the same error, clicking on the error and selecting "Add Xtend libs to classpath" works and gets rid of the errors, but when I try to do the same in the xtend-examples project it doesn't work and the errors remain. Now, if I edit xtend-examples/META_INF/MANIFEST.MF and change the minimum version for both dependencies from 2.6.2 to 2.6.0, the errors go away. But this is quite bizarre, as the Installation details window shows that I do have 2.6.2!
So I have a few questions:
1) why doesn't the installation from the Luna update site show the feature?
2) why is there a discrepancy between the Luna update site and the TMF update site?
3) why do I get all those errors with xtend-examples?
4) why does it work after changing the version number even though I have the right one?
5) why doesn't "Add Xtend libs to classpath" work for the xtend-examples project but works for others?
6) is there any way to make the "New...>Xtend XYZ" options available directly under the New context menu without having to open New...>Other..." (when I install the full Xtext I get those options in the New menu).
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01781 seconds