Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dropdown List and parameters
Dropdown List and parameters [message #1404592] Mon, 04 August 2014 11:05 Go to next message
Ferdi Loiseau is currently offline Ferdi LoiseauFriend
Hi !

I'm a new Birt user and i have a problem!

I creat a dropdown list (I have done like here : Go see bottom!). So i have a beautifull dropdown list with with several companies name in.

Now I want to use the selected company like a paremeters. I want to use it to creat a new dataset based on the selected company (an a specific chart on this new dataset).

I have many questions :

- it's possible to use my dropdown value like a parameter.
- if i can use it like this, it's possible to create a dynamic chart which change when the user select a another value in the dropdown list ?

Thanks you, and sorry for my english

ps : I can't post "no eclipse link" but you can find my dropdown list reference y typing in google "Populating a drop down list in a BIRT report "
Re: Dropdown List and parameters [message #1404656 is a reply to message #1404592] Mon, 04 August 2014 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Kacandes is currently offline Peter KacandesFriend
Yes, you can certainly do both of those things.

The value from the drop down menu can be used as a report parameter.

The report parameter is used to update your query.

Once you have the updated query data, you can use the new data to re-render your chart with the new information.

cheers,

pk
Re: Dropdown List and parameters [message #1404702 is a reply to message #1404656] Tue, 05 August 2014 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferdi Loiseau is currently offline Ferdi LoiseauFriend
Thx,

I'll keep looking!
If anyone has a more precise idea to do this!
icon7.gif  Re: Dropdown List and parameters [message #1421998 is a reply to message #1404656] Fri, 12 September 2014 06:57 Go to previous message
Yogesh Shitole is currently offline Yogesh ShitoleFriend
Hi, Peter
Thanks for your reply... sorry but can u please elaborate it more because I went through the documentation of BIRT developer's guide but I did not find how to do this.. it will be very useful if you can post some example showing the same or some source where we can learn it easily.... Smile

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Additional Jars for Eclipse Birt Preview
Next Topic:BIRT beforeOpen method gets new HttpSession object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:26:20 GMT 2024