Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » EPF All practices library(Problems in creating a library similar to "all EPF practices")
EPF All practices library [message #1404532] Sun, 03 August 2014 12:54 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hello,

I am thinking of creating a similar library as the all_EPF_practices library, but before I would start with this new library, I want to understand all the concepts behind the existing one. Thus, is the reason why I am asking this in this forum:

With the EPF practices library there are the different packages which contain the different method plugins, but I wasn't able to create new of these packages. How to do this?

In addition If could not create new practices but instead "new custom categories", which contain not all the information. How to create new practices (NOT sub-practices)?

Last question (for now): Is the linking done between the published practices to teh stuff which is in the folder practices?

Thank you very much!

Cheers, Philipp
Re: EPF All practices library [message #1417667 is a reply to message #1404532] Fri, 05 September 2014 21:38 Go to previous message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
Hi Philipp,

I recommend reviewing the getting started materials here:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/W6b0a089a62f3_4493_bcc1_ebe60a2ebb41/page/Getting%20Started%20with%20RMC
However, be aware that this getting started material is for RMC, most of it is relevant to EPF Composer as well, and certainly the basics of plugins, categories, and practices is the same, which is where you appear to be struggling. In particular, try the tutorials, especially this one to create a practice:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rmc/v7r5m0/topic/com.ibm.rmc.tutorials.doc/learning_labs/practices_abstract.html

To briefly answer your questions:
1. The packages for the method plug-ins are done by naming the plugins using a "." notation.
For example: practice.hello.base and practice.hello.extend will appear in the tree as being two plugins named "base" and "extend" nested in a package "practice > hello"

2. A practice is a kind of method guidance.
Once you have created a practice, then right click on "method content > content packages" to create a package. Then right click on the package to create a practice element.

3. I don't understand your last question.
However, some facts that may help:
a. A published website is self-contained - all links made between elements in a library become links between files in the published website.
b. To publish a website, it needs to have a configuration that selects the plug-ins. The configuration must also have a "view" assigned, which is a custom category that you create that lists the elements you wish to appear in the treebrowser used to navigate the published site.

Hope that helps
Cheers,
Bruce
Previous Topic:Problem including javascript functions in EPF
Next Topic:SVG in EPF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:27:41 GMT 2024