Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ETL] M2XML Transformation Configuration Problem([ETL] M2XML Transformation Configuration Problem)
[ETL] M2XML Transformation Configuration Problem [message #1404214] Wed, 30 July 2014 13:42 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
In the ETL transformation configuration, I choose an XML file and related XML schema definition from the workspace files from the screen attached. When I run the transformation, I get the following error:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: "file path here" (The system cannot find the path specified)
Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.types.EolModelElementType.<init>[EolModelElementType.java:67]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.types.EolModelElementType.forName[EolModelElementType.java:42]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.TypeExecutor.execute[TypeExecutor.java:82]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST[ExecutorFactory.java:205]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.EolFormalParameter.getType[EolFormalParameter.java:73]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.transformModels[FastTransformationStrategy.java:121]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.EtlModule.execute[EtlModule.java:127]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dt.launching.EpsilonLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch[EpsilonLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:79]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.dt.launching.EpsilonLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch[EpsilonLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:56]

- The project's workspace location, defined by WORKSPACE_LOC is correct.
- The project's project location, defined by PROJECT_LOC is correct and the project location is NOT inside workspace folder.
- The project's parent location, defined by PARENT_LOC is wrong, it shows the previous location of the project inside the workspace which no longer exists (It is the same with WORKSPACE_LOC).

The reason of the error is the following I think: The path of the XML schema definition is wrongly calculated by using PARENT_LOC or WORKSPACE_LOC, instead of PROJECT_LOC. The execution adds/concanates the relative path to PARENT_LOC or WORKSPACE_LOC.

I have tried to run around the problem by giving an absolute path (rather than picking a file from the list, which gives a relative path). However, the execution always adds one of these two (PARENT_LOC or WORKSPACE_LOC) as a prefix.

Re: [ETL] M2XML Transformation Configuration Problem [message #1404330 is a reply to message #1404214] Thu, 31 July 2014 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hi,

I think this is the related to this bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=434295

Hopefully after they are done with releasing version 1.2 they will have time to fix it Wink

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: [ETL] M2XML Transformation Configuration Problem [message #1404353 is a reply to message #1404330] Thu, 31 July 2014 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Horacio,

The bug that you gave link to actually summarizes my problem, I actually realized after installing GIT Smile.

I have further two questions related to this:

- What is the planned date for the 1.2 release and where can we check the release dates, etc?

- What is the best practice to ask these kinds of questions in here? For example, should we first search through the bug database to see if there is a bug report for it? Or should we ask the question on forum first so that somebody can forward us to the relevant link?

Thanks again.
Re: [ETL] M2XML Transformation Configuration Problem [message #1404383 is a reply to message #1404353] Thu, 31 July 2014 19:35 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Bugra,

1.2 was approved yesterday [1] and should be available within the next week or so. Regarding your other question, a quick search in the bugzilla can be helpful some times but whenever in doubt, asking a question in the newsgroup is the right way to go.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.epsilon/documentation
Previous Topic:[ANT] Loading Registered EMF Package
Next Topic:Improved CSV connectivity layer (alpha)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:04:18 GMT 2024