Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » How to build the previous version
How to build the previous version [message #1404152] Wed, 30 July 2014 05:18 Go to next message
fiona Q is currently offline fiona QFriend
hudson can set the days to keep builds,but maybe a long time passed,the previous build result maybe deleted,however I want to get the build result of this build ,so I want to rebuild the build_number, any way can build it?
Re: How to build the previous version [message #1404158 is a reply to message #1404152] Wed, 30 July 2014 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan Mills is currently offline Duncan MillsFriend

I don't think that this would really make sense. A build represents a point in time. e.g. checkout from source control and build / test what is present at that point in time.
You could of course create a job that checks out a specific tag from your source control (depending on your SCM system) and builds based on that, but that would likely be a specialized parametrized job.

Duncan Mills
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: How to build the previous version [message #1404197 is a reply to message #1404158] Wed, 30 July 2014 10:59 Go to previous message
fiona Q is currently offline fiona QFriend
sometime I want the build result at that point to compare to the latest result.
our SCM system is git,we use repo to upload source code ,there is no tag in the source control,there is no way to build the previous build_number?
Previous Topic:hudson jobs failed at the end with Failed to join the process
Next Topic:Is checkout out in svn 1.8 format !!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:15:57 GMT 2024