Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Disposing of group by table with glazed lists
Disposing of group by table with glazed lists [message #1403975] Mon, 28 July 2014 20:45 Go to next message
Ryan McHale is currently offline Ryan McHaleFriend
Is there an example that illustrates properly disposing of nattable built with glazed lists and a group by header. After profiling my application I discovered the glazed list never released its memory. Upon subsequent actions the user will run out of memory. From profiling it appears the groupbyheaderlayer is the culprit keeping reference to the list.
Re: Disposing of group by table with glazed lists [message #1404003 is a reply to message #1403975] Tue, 29 July 2014 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Please file a ticket
Re: Disposing of group by table with glazed lists [message #1404006 is a reply to message #1404003] Tue, 29 July 2014 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And please add the information to your ticket how you profiled, how your composition looks like and what you mean with "Upon subsequent actions"

The GroupByHeaderLayer needs the reference to the list. But why it should stay there if NatTable gets disposed is not clear to me. Why should the GroupByHeaderLayer stay in memory keeping the reference if the NatTable instance gets disposed?

Are you able to profile the same with the NatTable examples?
Re: Disposing of group by table with glazed lists [message #1404140 is a reply to message #1403975] Tue, 29 July 2014 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dirk

Sorry, this is my first time posting. Where would I open a ticket? As for your questions...

Quote:
how your composition looks like

I modeled our table after the _6053_GroupBySummaryExample

Quote:
what you mean with "Upon subsequent actions"

The application I am working on allows users to open multiple editors/worksheets at a time each containing a NatTable grid. When the user opens and closes the worksheets, the backing objects and the containing GlazedList remains in memory.

Quote:
Are you able to profile the same with the NatTable examples?

I am able to reproduce it with _6053_GroupBySummaryExample. I was profiling it with JProfiler. I launch the examples from the homepage using jnlp. Each time I open and close _6053_GroupBySummaryExample (in the examples, Tutorial Examples->GlazedLists->GroupBy->GroupBySummaryExample) without closing the examples app I can see another 100 ExtendedPersonWithAddress in memory which never get garbage collected.
Re: Disposing of group by table with glazed lists [message #1404159 is a reply to message #1404140] Wed, 30 July 2014 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Where would I open a ticket?

As for every Eclipse project, we use Bugzilla for issue tracking. Use the following link and create the ticket for the GlazedLists extension and version 1.1.0

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=NatTable

Do you see this behavior only for examples that contain GroupBy or is this also reproducible for other examples?

BTW, if you find out what's going on and be able to solve it, you may want to contribute. In such a case, just follow our contribution guide: http://eclipse.org/nattable/documentation.php?page=contribution_guide
Re: Disposing of group by table with glazed lists [message #1404272 is a reply to message #1404159] Wed, 30 July 2014 19:44 Go to previous message
I opened a ticket for this issue.

After some more profiling it looks to be impacting only group by tables.
Previous Topic:dynamic cell editors in one cell in NatTable
Next Topic:Why BlinkingGlazedListExample background color is not updating
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:27:53 GMT 2024