Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Auto-completion not working
Auto-completion not working [message #1400499] Mon, 14 July 2014 09:40 Go to next message
Dell Falcon is currently offline Dell FalconFriend
After I've specified the grammar using Xtext, I am trying to provide scoping rules. While the validation works in the model (in my example finite state machine, for instance), meaning that when out-of-scope entries are present, the name gets red-underlined; however, my auto-completion does not work. This means that the option ctrl+space seems not to check the code I provide for the specific name. Am I missing some important setting in order to allow for the auto-completion to work? (What is strange is that the validation works).
Re: Auto-completion not working [message #1400682 is a reply to message #1400499] Mon, 14 July 2014 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Depending on your grammar the context object which is the first parameter of the scoping method will be a parent of the context object in the grammar
(due xtext inits objects lazy)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Auto-completion not working [message #1776361 is a reply to message #1400682] Wed, 15 November 2017 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Romain Bernard is currently offline Romain BernardFriend
Hi Xtext team,

I'm falling in the same issue... (I would expect a sub-object feature to be invoked by xtext proposals, but this is only the parent object's feature that is processed by the proposal provider...)

What would you suggest ?
A> modify my grammar so that the proposal provider will not fall in this issue. Could you give some hints to follow for improving the grammar ?
B> or somehow adapt the parent ContentAssistContext to a child one with adapted child proposals ? (but I'm not sure of the feasability...)

In advance, thanks for your valuable support !
Regards
Romain

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2017 16:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Auto-completion not working [message #1776370 is a reply to message #1776361] Wed, 15 November 2017 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
can you please give a complete example

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Auto-completion not working [message #1776609 is a reply to message #1776370] Sat, 18 November 2017 12:30 Go to previous message
Romain Bernard is currently offline Romain BernardFriend
Hi,

Thanks for your answer !

While implementing a complete example for you, I saw that the completion worked in some cases. Digging further, I saw an InfiniteRecursion exception was thrown while computing possible followElements, and finally convinced myself that I had finally to cope with my old LL-backtracking exceptions I was used to live with ;-)

And it solved my completion problem !

Thanks for Xtext, it is a wonderful tool...
Regards

Previous Topic:(Xbase)Method refers to missing type .. : List Values cannot get passed as parameter or return value
Next Topic:Internal error occurred during: "Launching Launch Runtime Eclipse"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:03:38 GMT 2024