Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Embedded Editor state of the art question
Embedded Editor state of the art question [message #245716] Fri, 03 October 2008 10:26 Go to next message
Laurent Petit is currently offline Laurent PetitFriend
Hello,

I have search through the archives and seen the subject has been posted in 2004-2005 on this newsgroup.

Do the answer have changed with newer releases of GEF ?

I'm especially interested in embedding a text editor inside a GEF composite.

My model is composed of "structural" elements that will be editable via GEF, and of "fine grained" elements for which GEF editing does not make sense, but for which classical Text Editing makes sense.

Our first attempt will be to have 2 separate editors for these different concerns.

Our second attempt will be to allow the user to edit the fine grained elements (via text editing facilities : color for syntax, code completion) "in place" in the GEF editor, to see the context of the
text element.

I have read something about parenting an SWT control to the parent Canvas of the GEF Graphical Editor :
- does that mean that we intent to make the SWT control paint itself on top GEF elements ?
- if so, will the SWT control still react to user actions ? Will there be problems concerning user actions handling by both the SWT control and the figure the SWT control hides ?
- do you have an example of this implemented ?
- maybe this abstracted in a standard GEF figure now (and it was not the case in 2005) ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Laurent PETIT
Re: Embedded Editor state of the art question [message #245811 is a reply to message #245716] Wed, 15 October 2008 06:14 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: shady_86.sify.com

few days back a similar question was asked by a person who wanted to put SWT browser on top of a figure.

i dont think there is any support yet for using widgets in GEF, even the Text box that appears in inline editing is not created on the figure.
Previous Topic:GEF trainings
Next Topic:How to get the result of a CreateElementCommand when doing Drag 'n Drop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:29:14 GMT 2024