Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer cant find header file(integration of msvc compiler, problems with indexer)
Indexer cant find header file [message #1395384] Sun, 06 July 2014 21:22 Go to next message
Okan Erat is currently offline Okan EratFriend
Dear Eclipse users,

I need to integrate visual studio 6 compiler with eclipse. Thanks to Cmake i had no problem with make files.
However indexer cant find stdio.h
I declared my msvc 6 related header search paths at
Project Properties/ C++ general/ Path and symbols/include section

I can even see that stdio.h is visible at Project Explorer under Includes subfolder of the project. Nevertheless indexer/parser says "unresolved inclusion"

Also what other problems is coming because of using a msvc compiler? (I am using windows platform)

Thanks for reading and your replies.

Re: Indexer cant find header file [message #1398324 is a reply to message #1395384] Thu, 10 July 2014 23:58 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Yea, I get this all the time myself. It seems to be the biggest pain in the *** in what is otherwise a great thing. Indeed, I've run into it yet again myself, and I can't fix it either. I have in the past, usually with a lucky Google, but it keeps happening. It seems like a virus that is getting more and more resistent to all the usual treatments.

This seems so oddly prevalent, obvious, etc., that I am really dismayed it isn't a thing of the past!!!!

Most answers start with "do you have gcc installed?". Is it in the right place? Well, I've been using this Eclipse thing for ten years, and I can tell you the answer is "Fix the damn thing!!!" - or did I mean "yes"?!

So frustrated.
Previous Topic:Helios SR1: cannot step into a shared library in remote debugging
Next Topic:Programs not found in PATH.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:45:36 GMT 2024