Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Line graph works in preview, but not when created
Line graph works in preview, but not when created [message #1393986] Fri, 04 July 2014 15:37 Go to next message
Ciaran Brannigan is currently offline Ciaran BranniganFriend
Hi,

I am new to using birt to create charts, so forgive me if this is a simple solution.

I am trying to create a line chart, and everything is fine up until a point. I have tested my sql query and it works fine and should return 140 results (it is returning the amount of searches performed per day over a period). When I go to 'select data' in 'edit chart' it only displays the first 6 rows (out of 140), but the chart is being displayed correctly. When I click 'finish' the data seems to be ignored and the chart only has 5 points and the date shows as January 2000. I have attached screenshots for further explanation. I guess I have two questions:

1. Should the preview window be showing the 140 queries, or will it only show 6 as an example.

2. Does anyone have any idea why it is not creating my actual graph properly?
Re: Line graph works in preview, but not when created [message #1396119 is a reply to message #1393986] Mon, 07 July 2014 22:30 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Without executing the report, you won't see the actual output. For design purposes, it pulls in some sample data to show you an approximation of what you'll get. In the layout, it simply shows the type of chart you have with sample data that's probably not meaningful at all to your data. To see what your chart actually looks like, preview the report by going to the run report button in the toolbar.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:get list while manual typing in combobox
Next Topic:CSV Export on Grails application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:40:04 GMT 2024